Assetto Corsa 1.1.4 update

- Alfa Romeo GTA aero drag correction. Laptimes will be slower now.
- McLaren P1 is now simulating diffuser stall from front active aero that provokes dirty air
- LaFerrari is not simulating diffuser stall from front active aero that provokes dirty air
- Corrected instrument panel with more information on Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6
- Corrected instrument panel for Pagani Zonda R
- Corrected instrument panel for McLaren P1
- Corrected instrument panel for KTM X-BOW R

The AI can't do pit stops. If you turn off fuel usage you can do longer races in single player.
The v1.1 update brought some changes to this.
Previously you were restricted to 10 laps with fuel or 60 laps with fuel usage off.

Now the lap limit is related to how long the track is and which cars A.I are using. So for example against A.I when you set Nordschleife Track, you can limit the laps at max 6 with mclaren p1. Or if you pick lotus 49 you can do max 8 laps. Though you need to adjust yourself the fuel in car setup for your own car.
Then at Magione we can do max 45 laps with fuel usage on, and mclaren p1. But if lotus 49 with fuel usage on, you can do 113.
I haven't really tried to do so long races against A.I, but now the main menu allows to make these changes which should mean you can get long races against A.I even with fuel usage on, but depending on the track and A.I vehicle.

The i in AI should be changed for Assetto Corsa really. They should change it to AS or Artificial Stupid. They are about as intelligent as a brick

Well the AI are slightly less stupid with the last update of AI. However, they are still pretty lame, especially if you mix classes/cars on the track. Some tracks/cars are better than others. The are less likely to side smack now, but if they hold their line off groove, they lose way too much time.

Well the AI are slightly less stupid with the last update of AI. However, they are still pretty lame, especially if you mix classes/cars on the track. Some tracks/cars are better than others. The are less likely to side smack now, but if they hold their line off groove, they lose way too much time.

Yeah. The other day I got out in front too quickly, I wanted to battle a bit so I decided to slow up to let them pass..........and they all slowed down behind me and wouldn't pass. I had to come almost to a complete stop before they decided to go around me. :O_o:

The i in AI should be changed for Assetto Corsa really. They should change it to AS or Artificial Stupid. They are about as intelligent as a brick
Joke Alert!!!! Do not read this if your name is Brandom or Radom...

Help for Kunos

rFactor Tutorial Creating an AIW

It's that easy to create working AI to rFactor so what is the AC's AI problem anyway, pure stupidy?

The problem is that the A"I" doesn't know that human are on track, they just follow racing line. They don't slow down if you passing them at a corner, they will keep pushing like you re not there, anything outside the racing line its not there for them.
And another thing is the collisions, if you just touch them in a passing move its like you hit an armored tank and you go flying spinning and they keep racing like nothing touched them.
That's the issues that must be fixed, i hope soon enough, it's the only thing that keeps me from enjoying a very good sim like AC.

I fully agree with him, I don't think the AI is very good either. I have several issues with AC and this is one is high on the list. Doesn't keep me from enjoying it for what it is though. :thumbsup:
AI is very important when you (me) trying to find your (my) top speed for certain track so when I learn or practicing so I usually start with AI 110 % and trying to catch them, and when I can catch AI 110 % I know my speed is ok for online racing :)

AI always works with Simbin sims, not even tested AC's AI because of reported issues. One more time I wanna say that fully working base comes first and then you can add eye candy, Kunos started from eye candy and that's my point to AC episode...we got new track and new car packs but the base sim still not work????

One more time I wanna say that fully working base comes first and then you can add eye candy, Kunos started from eye candy and that's my point to AC episode...we got new track and new car packs but the base sim still not work????

I (and many others) agree with that, the foundation of AC needs some attention and Kunos has indicated that they will work on these needed features. But of the four sims I have (AC, R3E, GSC, and iRacing) I still find AC to be the more enjoyable package. R3E would take the top position if they ever sort the weird feeling FFB and the fact that all the cars feel pretty much the same. Personal preference of course, we're all entitled to want/enjoy different things from a sim.

I think the Gta went a little too slow after the drag update. Now I can get mazimum 208 kph when in real it should go about 220 kph. Before the update it was very joyful to drive, and I enjoyed very much and I saw 227 kph on Monza66 straight. that might been a bit too much for real, I know. I think even afrer the update it really should go that 220. Yes I have tried different different gears too. I suggest bit of a correction to this update, it is a drag....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_GTA
(bottom of the page)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%