Assetto Car Tuner does not work

When i select the "common" folder in the "steamapps" folder in Assetto Car Tuner, I get the "right folder was not selected" message.
Assetto Corsa is installed in this folder !
Does anyone know what's going wrong ?
Thank you in advance for your responses !

It might be helpful if you describe which files were changed.
i have the same problem my front two wheels are completely locked and only my back tires spin even after i reset the car to its default tune i still had the same problem. does anyone know how to fix. car then becomes completely usable in any track after i tuned it once.

Last edited:
The original car should still be available, the "tuned" version is a copy of the original. The original should be unchanged.
yeah its what im saying that when i go back to the original it the front tires still are completely locked and wont spin i even deleted the car and installed it again and front tires still dont spin.

If you have CSP extended physics enabled and the car's not compatible with it, then that can happen. The issue there is it handles missing files differently from vanilla. So if a tires.ini filename is mentioned but doesn't exist (eg. "sm_medium_wear.lut") that'd be the problem.

Last edited:
yeah its what im saying that when i go back to the original it the front tires still are completely locked and wont spin i even deleted the car and installed it again and front tires still dont spin.
You deleted the "tuned" version and the original? Re downloaded the original and it is still not working? @Stereo, wouldnt deleting both cars and reinstalling fix that? Assuming the car worked before trying to modify it.

If you have CSP extended physics enabled and the car's not compatible with it, then that can happen. The issue there is it handles missing files differently from vanilla. So if a tires.ini filename is mentioned but doesn't exist (eg. "sm_medium_wear.lut") that'd be the problem.

youre an actual legend thanks it worked i took off the use experimental physics option and it finally worked thanks.

Last edited:
I can not find a car in my Car tuner dropdown but it is there in the folder full of all the other cars. Any help?
Only the "Parent" cars are supposed to show up in the list. The "tuned" version should not show. But I also found that even if I make the "tuned" version independent, it still does not show.
I have since making different version by manually copying the file directory content. Though there are still some additional editing is needed.

Only the "Parent" cars are supposed to show up in the list. The "tuned" version should not show. But I also found that even if I make the "tuned" version independent, it still does not show.
I have since making different version by manually copying the file directory content. Though there are still some additional editing is needed.
So can I remove a tune to make it a "Parent" car or is that no possible?
If so could you tell me the steps?
Thanks

Someone might be able to share how that is done manually. In Content Manager, under Content->Cars: For each car, the first line is Parent: Click to open a dialogue box where one can choose a parent or Make Independent for a car.
1685821563590.png

Where is that?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%