WIP Assen TT-circuit 1954 version

Pleased because the fact that everything goes tremendously well atm.
A big research is needed to find pictures of the houses that were situated along the Graswijk section. All the houses but two in the northern part of this section, were demolished and I've got only pictures of Graswijk 3a and #7. The southern part is still there.

Also i need more pictures from the Laaghalerstraat between Hooghalen and Laaghalen.

Hooghalen1.jpg

It's all looking very good Erwin, but what would you like us to be looking for?
I can't really see anything that needs fixing, unless you count an extra couple of negative MIPS on the grass textures...;):thumbsup:

-3 can be good depending on where & how that texture is used & over how much distance but I was thinking, at least for road & terrain, either a minimum of -4 or, if possible without undue taxing system requirements & if BTB will allow it (sometimes it won't), even -5 or -6....
But then again I've noticed in some Xpacks road & terrain textures Bump & Specular can also have MIPS set & having them at the same value of the main texture can really help sharpen them up as the distance draws out...
I've also noticed that track length can have an impact on MIPS requiring a greater negative value for the same effect as a smaller track.
When I first played with MIP settings I found that positive values increased the blurriness of texture.

For road textures i use -3 standard. The same for the buildings around the track.
In an afterthought it was not very handy to use the emel-style to build up the track. At junctions it causes trouble, so i had to use at places short track parts to overcome these problems.

Finish it first & see what the magic of MAS packing can do for the size first... ;)
Also Im thinking that with the internet being what it is today in regards to download speeds, no-one will really mind the download size if it's of a high enough quality (which it is!), especially considering the extremes your going to to accurately portray a historic track of this size, length & magnitude... :thumbsup:
Not to mention it's historical significance as well! :notworthy:

I don't mind that size at all. Its the content that matters to me. Lake Superior is 120mb zipped (not MAS'ed. I cant get the MAS utility to work on my computer. I just get error messages.) Although finding free file sharing sites for files that big might be tricky.

Apologies in advance for brief off-toppic
@Shawdad - with MAS utility I find it's best to add under 1400 files at a time to avoid that problem...
Create initial MAS file & then select another 1375 (or however many) files & drop them into MAS & hit the button again & they will be added to the same file.
Ive created MAS files when I first started using it with over 8000 files in this way & they still worked.
As for upload sites, Mediafire should be able to take files up to 200Mb in size with their free service.
Still need larger?
Try filecloud.io, they will take files much larger than that permanently or 600Mb to 2Gb for one week with their free service ;)

Finished all the buildings!! up to almost 200 buildings around the track.
To do list:
few grandstand models (build by spectators)
official brake markers
terrain - grass/roads
hedges, fences
trees.
cars!
crowds!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%