Asphalt textures

Hi all, does anyone have any good asphalt textures they'd be willing to share? I have the ones from the various xpacks but wanted something a bit more detailed that I could use as a basis in photoshop. Have been trying to set some up myself but it's quite tricky to get the tiling looking a) that it's not tiled and b) when it does tile to at least have some variation in it.

i did have a couple , but never really edited /or used them .i seem to hoard textures that never come to anything.:rotfl:
try gimp is has a seamless button in the filter/maps and it reasonable attempted at an automated process.

http://www.gimp.org/

Attachments

• asphalt_holes_6190232.jpg
    asphalt_holes_6190232.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 454
  • roadway.jpg
    roadway.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 658
Thanks Alvaz, yeah am using some of them now - brilliant work btw - but wanted to see if I could 'personalise' my track textures to mix it up a bit.

Also need to get onto version 0.8 so i can split the track up for different textures across any given cross section for track surface variation - repairs, rough bits, etc.

doesn't really matter on size has btb will stretch it to fit.but 512x1024 may be a little on the over the top size. 512x512. or 256 x 256 will be better.

remember that the bigger the texture the more your loose in over areas, like fps on low end machines

biggest rfactor can excepted is 4096

ingame you don´t see big differences between 256x256 textures or 512x512. if you make a normal road 256x256 are enough, but use 512x512 if you are perfectionist. is it not necessary to make it bigger.
but for the width track of closed circuit it can be nessesary to make it more width (proportional to width of original)

Lamda

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back