#askRD Podcast Special: Submit Your Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
askRD Podcast Special .jpg

Our upcoming #askRD tenth episode Podcast special will be recorded Monday 1st July, and we want your questions!

Last chance to submit questions - Recording 19:00 UTC on Monday 1st July!

Featuring as usual Paul Glover, Davide Nativo, Joseph Wright and Paul Jeffrey, we invite the RD faithful to ask us anything and everything you can think of! Yes, that's right, for this edition we wanted to mark our 10th episode milestone by doing something a little bit different.

Rather than selecting a list of topics for discussion and spending the next hour or so talking about them in depth, we thought it might be fun to ask the community what they want us to talk about. It could be a sim racing topic, something from the world of motorsport, a personal question or anything in between (well, within reason :) ).

So go on folks, fire away in the comments section and we'll do our best to cover it off in the Podcast recording next week!

Catch up on all our RD Podcast episodes at your Podcast provider of choice (just search RaceDepartment), or head over to the RaceDepartment Podcast sub forum and have a browse through the history of our new adventure!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
What's the strangest racing incident you've witnessed in person? Not on TV, but actually at the track?

For example at the Daytona 500 in 2012 I witnessed Juan Pablo Montoya crashing into a huge Air Dryer Truck, causing a massive fireball from which the track melted...track repaired and finally the race finished well gone 1am!

Pablo-1.jpg Pablo-2.jpg Pablo-3.jpg

1...Ask an alien what is the secret to bieng so freaking fast?

2...When is RD going to put on a big race...with prizes? Something hard that even the fastest guys will have trouble with so that anybody can win it, not just the gifted ones:p.

3...Are there any plans in the future at RD to incorporate a system to keep track of the drivers stats for all to see...wins, poles, fastest laps, points, miles driven, races entered, etc...?

Thanks in advance

This question is in regards to the question asked by RaceDepartment ,"Is F1 boring?" When i casted my vote which was "yes" it was at a whooping 75% yes! So here is my question what can be done to make it more exciting . Nascar for example has tried to make it more exciting by adding stage win points . Maybe tire compounds can be adjusted depending on the teams wins and losses. So losing team gets better compound
tire choices and winning teams have less choices.

What's in it for the future of Club/League racing at RD ? It has seemed to go down a bit from a year or two ago. Is there something coming to revive it to its former glory? And whats your take on the state of RD's Club/league racing?

As RaceDepartment increases in size and in its global reach, are you thinking about any higher profile race series sponsored by bigger global companies in order to offer prizes to all levels of driver?
Guess I'm also asking, along with the excellent suggestion of driver stats mentioned above by @Luke Maney , that there could also be a tiered system for events based off of said stats system, so that everyone, no matter how much time they get to practice, can compete for some prizes in the future?
Where do you see RD and the future of sim racing generally in the future?

1. For affordability and optimized turn-key performance, it seems we may be closer than ever with upcoming consoles and cloud gaming services (Scarlett, PS5, Google Stadia). As PC hardware adoption continues to plateau and contract, we may be past ‘peak-PC’ as a gaming platform. Does the RD podcast crew think that there will eventually be a point in time where either high-end consoles or cloud-gaming streaming services surpass the traditional desktop PC performance? Or will we always need this platform for sim racing?

2. It would seem that although products like Forza 7 and GT Sport have huge sales and e-Sport features, for sim racing purists few consider them as the real deal for proper Motorsport simulations. With e-sport racing rapidly going strength-to-strength, is the hard-core sim product finally in a position for broader market share for its realism and increased credibility as the way forward for true competitive simulated Motorsport?

Last edited:
What's in it for the future of Club/League racing at RD ? It has seemed to go down a bit from a year or two ago. Is there something coming to revive it to its former glory? And whats your take on the state of RD's Club/league racing?
Are you back?! :geek::geek::inlove::D

I would like to here more of what you think of iRacing. I've been struggling to join Racedepartment races. 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 wife, 0 girlfriends, work, house, basketball, vollyball and all the other stuff.

I love the endurance races and go tired of the 7 laps of Assetto corsa (multiplayer races not league). I always thought that iRacing was way to expensive, but on last black friday i went for the 2 year for 1 year deal and oh my I think it is cool. They run a 1 hour race every other hour (le mans series) and that works fine for me. Yes you need to buy tracks and cars I think that i used 200$ for tracks and a couple of cars. Yes I think that it is a lot, but a menber ship to the Gym, Basketball or Volly in Denmark you be around the same and that i gladly pay for. Last night we ran a 44 cars race (only GTE) 1 hour on Monza very cool.

T

Not really a question, but as an idea maybe have a hot lap challenge for each episode - for example specify a car or class and a track on a certain sim, then compare and discuss the results on the next episode.

I think it could spark some nice competitive commentary!

Another idea would be to add some discussion around setup tips, and have a different topic around setups each episode. For example what do spring rates do? When and how would you adjust them?

Love the podcast, keep up the great work!

What's the strangest racing incident you've witnessed in person? Not on TV, but actually at the track?

For example at the Daytona 500 in 2012 I witnessed Juan Pablo Montoya crashing into a huge Air Dryer Truck, causing a massive fireball from which the track melted...track repaired and finally the race finished well gone 1am!

View attachment 311895 View attachment 311896 View attachment 311897
I was at Adelaide and saw Schumacher take Hill out!!

As there are no sensible questions, allow me...

There are 3599 pieces on the Lego Bugatti Chiron

lego B.jpg

and there are 2704 on the Lego Porsche GT3 RS

lego-technic-porsche-911-gt3-rs-42056.jpg

So my question is, how many pieces make up Paul Jefferys hair? :roflmao:

When Sim Racing do you drive with just socks? Or shoes? Are they racing shoes? Or are you even barefoot? Flip flops even?! Does Davide pretend to press pedals with his feet when using his controller?

When Sim Racing do you drive with just socks? Or shoes? Are they racing shoes? Or are you even barefoot? Flip flops even?! Does Davide pretend to press pedals with his feet when using his controller?
Barefoot is the way
(but recently it was so hot, my heel was too sweaty and was sliding on a pedal base- how do i stop this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%