#askRD Podcast Special: Submit Your Questions Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note, most often I wear socks, or depending on the pedals, sometimes I have to wear karting boots, if the pedal is particularly abrasive or hard. Heal & toe with stiff pedals barefoot.. damn.

Key for me is, the less material between your foot and the pedal, the better. More feel, more ability to adjust and be precise.

Strangely I recently saw an advert on Amazon for those old school pumps you had to wear at school for PE... Around £7... I Reckon they would be Bob on?

gusset.jpg

On a serious note, most often I wear socks, or depending on the pedals, sometimes I have to wear karting boots, if the pedal is particularly abrasive or hard. Heal & toe with stiff pedals barefoot.. damn.

Key for me is, the less material between your foot and the pedal, the better. More feel, more ability to adjust and be precise.
save some answers for podcast :p

It's October 2020 and traffic to racedepartment.com is starting to fall off. In an effort to re-energise the userbase, Bram suggests a Battle Royale 'fight to the death' between the RD Podcast crew... who would be the victor?

I'm going to ask one of those mindless "what if" easyish questions that gets debate going... Let's imagine you're designing your ideal simulation. You're allowed to pick one major feature from each of the following:

Assetto Corsa
rFactor2
iRacing
Project Cars 2

Optional double-or-quits mode: You have to pick one season from one discipline of motorsport to simulate, in a Grand Prix Legends or Assetto Corsa Competizione style.

Pot Noodle, beef and tomato or chicken and mushroom?
If you could only play one sim for the rest of your sim racing days, which would it be and why?
Which real life event have you not been to yet that is on the bucket list?

I'm going to ask one of those mindless "what if" easyish questions that gets debate going... Let's imagine you're designing your ideal simulation. You're allowed to pick one major feature from each of the following:

Assetto Corsa
rFactor2
iRacing
Project Cars 2

Optional double-or-quits mode: You have to pick one season from one discipline of motorsport to simulate, in a Grand Prix Legends or Assetto Corsa Competizione style.
1 The weather
2 The UI
3 The Price
4 The Physics
:confused:

Does it stress you out if you can’t match real life lap times in sim?

For example... not strictly a ‘SIM’ but I can’t match LeClercs pole time around Austria in F1 2019 ... I’m about 3 seconds short! But it’s a game? Surely I should be able to go that quick? But also he’s a very talented F1 driver so seems reasonable that I (a pleb) can’t beat/match the time :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back