MGP17 ask about optimization.bml

anyones know about optimization.bml on data motogp17... what is different between gripfactor and lateralgripfactor ? also what is mean "start and end" on this file ?

These are my guesses from adjusting the same at a track in MotoGP15 and it worked.

I am guessing the grip factor is in a straight line i.e acceleration and braking.
Lateral grip factor will then be the sideways grip as the bike goes through corners.

The start and end - the track is divided into sectors.
If you look at the 'end' of the last sector, the number is roughly the same as the length of the track. For example Sachsenring is 3700m in real life, and the 'end' in the optimization files is 3532.

So, looking at the 'start' number in the first sector (1036 in this case), I reckon this is the end of the start straight (probably the start of the braking zone);
And looking at the 'end' number in the final sector, I think 3532 is where the bike accelerates out of the final turn on to the finish straight.

So if you examine a circuit carefully on google maps, it is possible to use the google map measuring tool to work out where each sector is. Then you can adjust the sectors where you think the AI are too slow or too fast.

Hope it helps.

These are my guesses from adjusting the same at a track in MotoGP15 and it worked.

I am guessing the grip factor is in a straight line i.e acceleration and braking.
Lateral grip factor will then be the sideways grip as the bike goes through corners.

The start and end - the track is divided into sectors.
If you look at the 'end' of the last sector, the number is roughly the same as the length of the track. For example Sachsenring is 3700m in real life, and the 'end' in the optimization files is 3532.

So, looking at the 'start' number in the first sector (1036 in this case), I reckon this is the end of the start straight (probably the start of the braking zone);
And looking at the 'end' number in the final sector, I think 3532 is where the bike accelerates out of the final turn on to the finish straight.

So if you examine a circuit carefully on google maps, it is possible to use the google map measuring tool to work out where each sector is. Then you can adjust the sectors where you think the AI are too slow or too fast.

Hope it helps.

can we adding new vehiclecategory on optimization.bml ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%