Ash Racing Montreal Review

APOLAGIES FOR LATE POST RACE

Montreal, Canada. The return of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to the Formula 1 calendar.

While it was a return for F1, FSR had competed at the track in 2009 and it was just as pleasing to come back to the fast semi-street track.

Practice had gone well for the WC drivers with Lee always up top of the timing sheets and looking for a promising weekend.

For the WC guys it was a difficult race unfortunately. Samuel had little luck and Lee really suffered from lack of straight line speed. This in turn hurt the overall positioning of Lee after what was looking to be a very solid haul of points. To bring it home in 9th and to take the fastest lap on a brand new set of Bridgestone’s. Lee took the positives out of Montreal. Not only that but both drivers learnt more about low downforce which is something Ash have struggled with this season.

World Series had one of Ash Racing strongest entries for a couple of races. With myself (Nick Rowland) and our two new drivers: Caner Basol and Florian Bekker. Florian returning after a troublesome 2009. I had a very unlucky race. A pit lane start would cost me due to a pit lane line bug. The point where the line was and where the actual release was were completely different and I ended up faulting and being disqualified. Gutted. Caner had a very good start to his season climbing from 14th to 10th to collect good points and bring the car home, encouragement for him to take forward and speed to be found. Florian on the other hand had been setting some blistering times and had started to battle at the sharp end, but after returning things were a little different from what he remembered and a simple boost error cost him his engine and points, very unfortunate but a good turn of speed.

Craig took the WT out and his times are really starting to tumble. Much improvement from him and his times were looking good for Canada. Unfortunately and incident with the wall would cost him any chance of showing that pace. But once again Craig is starting to impress with the lap times tumbling.

Canada was a great testing ground again for Ash and while we all battle as hard as we can to get the cars further up the field, we all feel the strain to perform. Galvanized by the will to win and get as many points as we can, Ash Racing push on to Valencia!

The Ash Racing Team

http://www.ashracing.org/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back