Art of Rally | New Update Includes Mod Support - Available Exclusively at RaceDepartment

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The awesome Art of Rally racing game is about to get even better, with a brand-new update dropping today that adds plenty of new content, and the much anticipate support for modded content!
  • 8 new vintage rally cars added.
  • Mod support exclusively hosted on RaceDepartment
  • New build now available
First Free Major Update for ‘art of rally’ Launches Today. Create your legacy with new features in ‘Heritage Update’

Indie game dev Funselektor has announced that his racing game art of rally will today receive its first free major update, adding a bunch of new features to the successful driving game that launched earlier this Fall on PC/Mac/Linux via Steam.

In the ‘Heritage Update’ update, players will get to test their drifting skills with 8 vintage cars, chase their own ghost car to beat their best score, or take some chill time to create and share their personal livery.

Watch the new ‘Heritage Update’ trailer:

The new ‘Heritage Update’ features (full details here):
  • 8 iconic vintage cars: The zetto, la super montaine, la longana and more!
  • Ghost racing: Push your limits and chase your own best scores
  • Livery mods: create and share your own and unique paint mods, download amazing mods here
  • Add your own screenshots to the launch menu
Watch the new "livery mods tutorial' video:

art of rally is a stylized driving experience inspired by the golden era of rally, that takes the players all across the world to drive through beautiful and soothing environments inspired by real locations from Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany.

About art of rally:
  • Progress through the golden years of rally in Career Mode
  • 50+ iconic rally cars from the 60s to the 90’s, Group B, Group S, Group A
  • 60 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
  • Daily and weekly challenges with leaderboards
  • Photo and Replay mode for sharing screenshots
  • Vrooooooooooooooom
About Funselektor:
Indie developer Dune “Funselektor” Casu has a thing for racing, as his games suggest. After releasing Absolute Drift in 2015, Dune launched earlier this Fall art of rally, an homage to the golden years of rally and cool vintage cars.
When he’s not programming games (don’t drive when you code!), you can find Dune all across Canada and the US, driving around in his van/office-on-wheels.

Art of Rally is available now, exclusively to PC.
Check out the official Art of Rally Modding Database here at RaceDepartment for amazing mods

Check out the Art of Rally sub forum here at RaceDepartment for mods, chat and general rally goodness about this outstanding new game.

Art of Rally 1.jpg
Art of Rally 2.jpg
Art of Rally 3.jpg
Art of Rally 4.jpg

Spent 20 hours on this and the tracks start to feel boring. I wish the dev plannig to make a more realistic looking tracks in the future. I will not be surprised if Codemasters is currently also assessing the possibilities to release the DIrt in AoR style gameplay

I wonder if the devs would ever consider making a circuit racing game in the same style?

This is the closest that I know of,

(at least for current day titles anyway)

Anything that's exclusive on here makes me slightly vomit in my mouth but hey, such is life.

Well, they gave away a whole pile of free keys here a while ago. Of course if you were in the wrong time zone, you completely missed out. But hey, lots of people got a free copy exclusively on RD. (Yeah, count me in the wrong time zone crowd who missed out)

Last edited:
Well, they gave away a whole pile of free keys here a while ago. Of course if you were in the wrong time zone, you completely missed out. But hey, lots of people got a free copy exclusively on RD. (Yeah, count me in the wrong time zone crowd who missed out)
I think you have your wires crossed. We haven't given out any keys on here.

We do have some to give away soon in a competition though.

Wrc9 is actually quite good. Tried it for the first time the other day. Can't stop playing it.

Hnngh. The driving is good (especially for a yearly game, those often tends to be "dumbed down" a bit). However, pork me sideways and call me a banana...WRC9 (just like the previous ones) are in dire need of someone who actually gives a F about the actual details. It honestly feels like they don't care, there are so many sloppy mistakes, that's easy to fix, but they don't bother about. There is no attention to detail at all there.

Aaaanyway. Art of Rally - beautiful game. I'm unable to drive with that kind of driving view, but I am looking forward to see livery-creations. Especially those who go for a slightly less detailed, more true to the game-style liveries! :D

By far THE game of the year for me; it may not be every ones cup of tea but this game is pure art. This is the driving game you dreamed about when gaming on your Commodore 64, Amiga or Atari ST back late eighties and early nineties. It's visuals are stunning despite their seemingly simplistic style, especially on a 1440p HDR Ultrawide @144hz...literally eye-candy. The soundtrack is amazing too and worth the buy alone. But (as should be in any game) it's the gameplay that stands out; the driving is very refined for a top down arcade racer, it really takes skill, and the enjoyment you get when stringing sets of corners together at high speed is pure fun.

Try it, theres a demo version on Steam but I'll bet that within five minutes you've already bought the whole game.

Art of rally is a really good game. Hopefully there will be also possibility to make own stages to game. Even developers stated otherwise about modding on steam..

As you say, it's a good game and we often forget the main purpose of video games, to have fun.

No hassle with the menus, graphic settings, technical settings of the car, AI etc, just fun and that's all.

Moreover, when you don't have time to play (between the children, in the garden, etc.), this kind of game is very cool.

And last but not least, you don't need a huge PC to play it if you're on the go.

Last edited:
A brick livery on a 240? Instabuy!

However I don’t know how the physics where before but ‘less bouncy landings’ looks too rigid in my view, so did the cars oscillate like crazy before the update or what?

edit: perhaps a disclaimer is needed, I know it’s an arcade rally game, by too rigid I mean that judging by the way the cars handle corners it looks like they have some nice weight transfer to them but with the jumps it comes across as stale in comparison.

Last edited:
Anything that's exclusive on here makes me slightly vomit in my mouth but hey, such is life.
Yeah. Wonder why they didn't just use Steam Workshop like other titles do for downloadable mod content?
Using RD makes the livery mods usable for players on the other platforms like Epic and GOG and allows for versioning of the mods.

It's the best place to share racing mods, and allows for drag and dropping and easy uploading for players vs steam workshop!

A brick livery on a 240? Instabuy!

However I don’t know how the physics where before but ‘less bouncy landings’ looks too rigid in my view, so did the cars oscillate like crazy before the update or what?

edit: perhaps a disclaimer is needed, I know it’s an arcade rally game, by too rigid I mean that judging by the way the cars handle corners it looks like they have some nice weight transfer to them but with the jumps it comes across as stale in comparison.
They tended bounced on landing if you don't land completely flat. It's built on a car physics simulation, so there is weight transfer and the jumps are still challenging!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%