Art of Rally | New Update Includes Mod Support - Available Exclusively at RaceDepartment

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The awesome Art of Rally racing game is about to get even better, with a brand-new update dropping today that adds plenty of new content, and the much anticipate support for modded content!
  • 8 new vintage rally cars added.
  • Mod support exclusively hosted on RaceDepartment
  • New build now available
First Free Major Update for ‘art of rally’ Launches Today. Create your legacy with new features in ‘Heritage Update’

Indie game dev Funselektor has announced that his racing game art of rally will today receive its first free major update, adding a bunch of new features to the successful driving game that launched earlier this Fall on PC/Mac/Linux via Steam.

In the ‘Heritage Update’ update, players will get to test their drifting skills with 8 vintage cars, chase their own ghost car to beat their best score, or take some chill time to create and share their personal livery.

Watch the new ‘Heritage Update’ trailer:

The new ‘Heritage Update’ features (full details here):
  • 8 iconic vintage cars: The zetto, la super montaine, la longana and more!
  • Ghost racing: Push your limits and chase your own best scores
  • Livery mods: create and share your own and unique paint mods, download amazing mods here
  • Add your own screenshots to the launch menu
Watch the new "livery mods tutorial' video:

art of rally is a stylized driving experience inspired by the golden era of rally, that takes the players all across the world to drive through beautiful and soothing environments inspired by real locations from Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany.

About art of rally:
  • Progress through the golden years of rally in Career Mode
  • 50+ iconic rally cars from the 60s to the 90’s, Group B, Group S, Group A
  • 60 rally stages in Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan and Germany
  • Daily and weekly challenges with leaderboards
  • Photo and Replay mode for sharing screenshots
  • Vrooooooooooooooom
About Funselektor:
Indie developer Dune “Funselektor” Casu has a thing for racing, as his games suggest. After releasing Absolute Drift in 2015, Dune launched earlier this Fall art of rally, an homage to the golden years of rally and cool vintage cars.
When he’s not programming games (don’t drive when you code!), you can find Dune all across Canada and the US, driving around in his van/office-on-wheels.

Art of Rally is available now, exclusively to PC.
Check out the official Art of Rally Modding Database here at RaceDepartment for amazing mods

Check out the Art of Rally sub forum here at RaceDepartment for mods, chat and general rally goodness about this outstanding new game.

Art of Rally 1.jpg
Art of Rally 2.jpg
Art of Rally 3.jpg
Art of Rally 4.jpg

I am glad this lovely little game becomes some attention.
First Time i played i directly thought mod support would be awsome.
Now i think track modding has to come.

The main problem still is - it’s bit to easy

BTW. Fantastic nostalgic soundtrack

Looking forward what the future brings..
try put your name on the top 10 leaderboard !
in solo it's a bit unequal, in maximum difficulty the group 2 can be very challenging, some other series are easier
and if it's raining you can be sure to finish 1st

haven't tried that new patch yet
wish they'd add some way to challenge friends

very fun game otherwise
and a fair amount of content and lifetime for its price!

Last edited:
Art of Rally is the best rally game for me since the times of colin mcrae rally and colin mcrae 2 on playstation. Not everybody will like the graphics they choose, but this game is so much fun to play with a controller. Most of the time i have problems playing racing games again with a controller, but this one is just awesome in every aspect. The music could use a couple of different genres and a custom championship hosted by RD would be really fun.

There is another little indie game i bought at the same time as this gem, its called Lonely Mountains: Downhill, a mountain bike downhill game with same kind of graphics and same kind of fun.

PS: Did somebody else get totally excited for the lancia stratos and barely made the first rally with it? Twitchy little beast.

Last edited:
10:90 in my case. Still it's addictive af

You manage that 10% of the time, WOW.

Honestly I'm pathetic at Art of Rally, and it's older brother Absolute Drift. Actually I'm pathetic at any driving game where I have to drive from "God's view".

That said I think AoR is stunningly beautiful and stunningly well executed. And, as I don't need to be good at a game, or even enjoy it to appreciate something special, I'll keep on supporting the dev by buying any DLC that comes along.

So the game only accepts mods from RD? How does the "exclusive" part work exactly?

Also it would be nice to include a link to the Steam page of the game. You've included the link to RD mod downloads twice and a separate link to the associated subforum, but not for the game itself.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years