Featured Arrivabene Out, Binotto Appointed Ferrari Boss

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ears

ears
    I am, and always will be, stupid Premium

Ratings:
    +391
    Can't agree more. Look what happened last time they appointed an engineer as team manager. They don't want to be going down THAT road again!

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Beer Beer x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +296
    Typical 'Corporate World' mindset here. :roflmao:

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu
    Premium

Ratings:
    +900
    Arrivabene failed. Apparently it is easier to make carcinogens look cool than leading a group of talented drivers, engineers and mechanics to the title.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrettSinclair1

BrettSinclair1

Ratings:
    +19
    Please use a full stop now and then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +565
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tberg

Tberg

Ratings:
    +252
    Yeah, actually italian/spanish way of sorting things. They do this in any sports, even if it after 1 season :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +282
    A Ferrari fan here, disappointed for certain team strategy decisions that mined the possibility of the car to win. It felt like the great start of the season was making the team to rest, instead of increasing the competitiveness of the car, while the other cars were progressing fast, see the Mercedes. The Todt-Brawn-Byrne era is almost impossible to reproduce. I can't see now the light at the end of the tunnel, But I wish Bonotto and the team to do a good job and be competitive til the very last race!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mark Ratzenbacher

Mark Ratzenbacher
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    Imho, the time to change is not good as it is troubling the 2019 season preparation and in the past it always took time at Ferrari before changes showed results.
    But as its all speculation, i´m looking forward to see how it all plays out after the Canadian GP with 1/3 of the season done.

Ciao Mauricio, you did a good job and all the best for the future !

9. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium

Ratings:
    +146
    While a change so late in preparations for the next season is never a good thing don't forget that Binotto is not a stranger at Ferrari - he can continue to develop the car and if he'll clone the methodology of going for it and if it fails he'll take the blame it can also spark a significant and very needed shift in other departments to move forward.
    The only downside is obviously that he won't be able to look after the car so much any more.

Arrivabene's legacy is still quite strong, but you can't forget all those mishaps in 2018 that made the second part of the season so one sided. Good luck Maurizio, and good luck Mattia! Forza Ferrari!

10. farjam

farjam

Ratings:
    +131
    Maurizio , it's james!

well, best wishes for the nice-hair guy at his new role :thumbsup::D

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. aphidgod

aphidgod

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Your daughter's school sounds a lot like Race Department.

12. bgil66

bgil66

Ratings:
    +68
    lol I always laughed when seeing this guys reaction knowing a camera was in his direction, sighing and huffing and puffing or when Martin wanted to talk to him. A shy guy I guess lol. I miss Stefano who was so personable to fans, media etc. Hope this new guy talks to us:p

13. NDG

NDG
    Non Dangerous Guy Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    I don't think this is 100% the result of losing 2018 championship. Maybe half good reason and some other reasons personal to Maurizio.

Damn, if every single person with arguable faults have to be fired, then Vettel and a few others should go with Arrivabene.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Enagee

Enagee

Ratings:
    +136
    it looks like if Binotto might jump ship to join James Allison at Mercedes...best way to secure good staff ...promote them even if their not best suited to the job.

15. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +175
    Well, by SV admission they should have done a bit better this year.
    Ferrari have to be the favourites for 2019 DC, imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.