Arrivabene Out, Binotto Appointed Ferrari Boss

Not sure it's a good news for 2019 season. An engineer is an engineer, not a team manager.

Can't agree more. Look what happened last time they appointed an engineer as team manager. They don't want to be going down THAT road again!

brawn-430x287.jpg

Arrivabene made his mistakes and it was his time to go his handling of the strategy calls may not have been his calls but he is running the show so falls on him sometimes i think he shouldve stepped in and said something like why the hell is vettel going out ahead of kimi at monza when it shouldve been reversed but Binotto is gonna have issues right off the bat when leclerc starts pushing vettel and its gonna happen i.e ricciardo when he got to redbull and outperformed vettel in same car and vettel left for ferrari i like vettel but hes on the back end of his career and if leclerc starts pushing him ferrari will side with leclerc

Please use a full stop now and then.

A Ferrari fan here, disappointed for certain team strategy decisions that mined the possibility of the car to win. It felt like the great start of the season was making the team to rest, instead of increasing the competitiveness of the car, while the other cars were progressing fast, see the Mercedes. The Todt-Brawn-Byrne era is almost impossible to reproduce. I can't see now the light at the end of the tunnel, But I wish Bonotto and the team to do a good job and be competitive til the very last race!

Imho, the time to change is not good as it is troubling the 2019 season preparation and in the past it always took time at Ferrari before changes showed results.
But as its all speculation, i´m looking forward to see how it all plays out after the Canadian GP with 1/3 of the season done.

Ciao Mauricio, you did a good job and all the best for the future !

While a change so late in preparations for the next season is never a good thing don't forget that Binotto is not a stranger at Ferrari - he can continue to develop the car and if he'll clone the methodology of going for it and if it fails he'll take the blame it can also spark a significant and very needed shift in other departments to move forward.
The only downside is obviously that he won't be able to look after the car so much any more.

Arrivabene's legacy is still quite strong, but you can't forget all those mishaps in 2018 that made the second part of the season so one sided. Good luck Maurizio, and good luck Mattia! Forza Ferrari!

lol I always laughed when seeing this guys reaction knowing a camera was in his direction, sighing and huffing and puffing or when Martin wanted to talk to him. A shy guy I guess lol. I miss Stefano who was so personable to fans, media etc. Hope this new guy talks to us:p

I don't think this is 100% the result of losing 2018 championship. Maybe half good reason and some other reasons personal to Maurizio.

Damn, if every single person with arguable faults have to be fired, then Vettel and a few others should go with Arrivabene.

it looks like if Binotto might jump ship to join James Allison at Mercedes...best way to secure good staff ...promote them even if their not best suited to the job.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%