Aris of Kunos Simulazioni Releases "Go Faster" Driving Tips Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Aris Go Faster Video.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Aristotelis Vasilakos has released a nice video tutorial aimed at giving driving tips to players of Assetto Corsa.

Vasilakos is one of the key physics engineers at Kunos and as such has a deep and involved understand of how the Italian development team realise car physics generation in Assetto Corsa. As well as proving himself to be a remarkably talented physics creator, Aris is also a dab hand behind the wheel of both his virtual creations and those of the real world, regularly posting videos and telemetry from his various on track escapades at a number of local real world racetracks.

Making the most of his considerable experience, Aris has produced a very handy 40 minute video using Assetto Corsa that aims to help impart some of his knowledge to the sim racing faithful, with the hope that some of the tips shared in this tutorial will help develop the skills of sim race drivers and make it just that little bit easier to find those missing tenths of a second when out on track. You can watch the video from Aris in full below:

Using the stock content BMW M235i Racing edition around the British Silverstone International layout, Aris takes players through a number of key driving tips and techniques that should form part of every real and virtual sim drivers skill set. From finding your reference points around a circuit to ensuring you know and adhere to the racing line, the video covers of some key basic tips that often get overlooked by new and experienced drivers alike. Although Aris doesn't go into the more advanced techniques some of the more experienced players may make use of during a racing situation, it is nevertheless extremely valuable to reaffirm some of the things Aris discusses in this video, as everything he covers during the 40 odd minute presentation are details that every sim racer, either new or old, should be following to help ensure you are driving to your fastest possible speed.

The video is well presented, interesting and informative and Vasilakos does a very good job maintaining an entertaining show whilst imparting some valuable information. Well worth a watch for any experience level...

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a great collection of mods to download, a thriving Racing Club and Leagues forum where events are regularly filled to capacity, a dedicated area where modders can discuss their creations a busy forum where you can join in the discussion with your fellow Assetto Corsa sim racing fans and a special area of the internet where you can share and download setups with other users of the simulation.

Did you enjoy the video from Aris? Did you learn anything useful? Have any driving techniques you wish to share yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This video is a must see for any SIM driver who as an interest in AC. It is entertaining and educational. That it is coming from Kunos and Aristotelis in particular makes it precious, as when we ask a question we get an answer and advice from some one who understand AC better than anyone else and also share our passion for this hobby, this is priceless.
Does not matter if you just want to be a better you or if you aim at being a faster online competitor, this is a great opportunity to get more out of driving AC.

Very cool stuff! Thank You Aris! ( for all you do)

My thoughts on the psyx & hands on experience in the car ..
Its fun to think about Aris doing his job ! like ok on track in the real car ..putting it on or near the limit a little, a power slide here & there .. feeling every nuance of the car .. then going back to the office and applying some tweak's to his psyx model trying to get that exact right reaction/feel threw the numbers thing going !

Priceless ..

@Paul Jeffrey just a small correction.
Aris is the god of war, (Αρης in Greek ) or Ares in English.
Aristotelis comes from Aristos ( which mean perfect, excellent ) and Telos ( which mean "the end" ) and has nothing to to with Aris as a meaning (actually Aristotelis diminutive would be Aristos or Telis :D) .
In English is Aristotle (you would know him from the Greek philosopher).

I know that @Aristotelis is too kind to mark this correction, so let me do that for him. :)
So correct one is "Aristotelis of Kunos..."
I am sure that he would like to call him with his correct name. ;)
Thanks.

Thanks @Jim Liak you're correct but actually my diminutive is Aris, everybody calls me Aris.
Only my mother calls me "Aristoteli!!#£$@!!" followed by the famous slipper throw, especially when I show her what I do on track...
And before everybody else points out that I'm 44 years old... you don't know greek mothers... @Jim Liak can confirm :D

Seriously though, thank you everybody for the overwhelming comments and feedback! Seems we're into something here for the community. I'll try to not disappoint

Thanks @Jim Liak you're correct but actually my diminutive is Aris, everybody calls me Aris.
Only my mother calls me "Aristoteli!!#£$@!!" followed by the famous slipper throw, especially when I show her what I do on track...
And before everybody else points out that I'm 44 years old... you don't know greek mothers... @Jim Liak can confirm :D

Seriously though, thank you everybody for the overwhelming comments and feedback! Seems we're into something here for the community. I'll try to not disappoint

Mothers are always right!!!! Especially Greek ones.

I would like to race to a special club event called "Aristotelis special" with fixed setup and optimal grip, trying to beat that 1:12 ( easy since he cooked entry on final S " :roflmao: )

I can imagine Mercedes F1 Simulation Engineer Job applications saying: if you haven't driven a F1 car please don't even try.

I don't run Mercedes so my opinion is worthless but.. I'd definitely put a requirement of being able to drive on the limit, if not in real life, at least with a simulator. I've seen my fair share of "simulation engineers" unable to manage a lap around the track in their sims because "that's the driver's job" to convince me that the driving part is simply not an optional element in do this job.
Another essential advantage for engineers that are able to drive or drivers able to "add" :p is that they'll be able to move a much larger quantity (and quality) of information between them which makes for a much better feedback loop when working on something, be it a sim or a real car.

Great video @Aris ,things I already knew.. although you put it in such a clear and concise way.

It really shows...
1) How detailed a simulator Assetto is..
2) How important simply adjusting tyre pressures can be to lap times... (after doing a few laps)
3) How important it is to do a bit of track research, as in finding braking references, per car / per track
4) How useful the great replay system is in Assetto...
(One of the reasons I chose AC over another supposed sim, the excellent physics the other reason)

I don't run Mercedes so my opinion is worthless but.. I'd definitely put a requirement of being able to drive on the limit, if not in real life, at least with a simulator. I've seen my fair share of "simulation engineers" unable to manage a lap around the track in their sims because "that's the driver's job" to convince me that the driving part is simply not an optional element in do this job.

Why do you exactly need them to be able to drive at the limit (or to drive the car, at all) for such work?

I guess that's something that spans nations then, the only time I heard my full name was when I was in trouble.

Great video, thoroughly enjoyed it, looking forward to more!

Why do you exactly need them to be able to drive at the limit (or to drive the car, at all) for such work?

in order to understand what they are trying to achieve and evaluate the qualitative result of their work themselves.. numbers are essential but can only paint a restricted picture once something like car dynamics is the topic, there are still so many unknowns that direct experience is, again, not an option.. and the work of those who think so really shows how wrong they can be.

in order to understand what they are trying to achieve and evaluate the qualitative result of their work themselves.. numbers are essential but can only paint a restricted picture once something like car dynamics is the topic, there are still so many unknowns that direct experience is, again, not an option.. and the work of those who think so really shows how wrong they can be.

But then you'd need them to have experience with the real simulated car (F1) in order to make any reliable evaluation...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%