Ariel Atom V8 Mod Upgrade Patch

Cars Ariel Atom V8 Mod Upgrade Patch 2018-05-30

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Ariel Atom V8 Mod Upgrade Patch - Suspension, Physics, Sound, Interior, Tire's, Skins, Race Suite and Helmet Upgrade Patch

Hi Guys

Before I start I just want thank RaZoR for the original version and hotup for his conversion to AMS.

This is my own personal upgrade for the Ariel Atom V8 Mod .

This is a must have car, such a blast around just about any track, super fast, decent grip, you can race this little rocket or have a bit of drifting fun.

Update details:

- New suspension and physics
- New sfx. sound file
- New Tire texture's and wheel rims
- Reworked the entire interior with some...

Read more about this resource...

Where is the original? I see YouTube videos with a v.2.21.4.

Did you fix the transmission? It's supposed to be a sequential paddle shifted 6-speed, not a H-pattern with need for clutch on every gear. Car came with either, but the graphics are for the paddle shift version.

Last edited:
Where is the original? I see YouTube videos with a v.2.21.4.

Did you fix the transmission? It's supposed to be a sequential paddle shifted 6-speed, not a H-pattern with need for clutch on every gear. Car came with either, but the graphics are for the paddle shift version.
This upgrade patch is for the oringinal which was converted from GSCE for AMS.

Nor myself or the previous guy have made any changes to the transmission.

There's also no mention of any changes to the transmission in my update.

The v.2.21.4 on YouTube is my upgrade patch from what I can see by the texture updates. I can't see or hear any other changes that were made.

Why it's called v.2.21.4 beats me but doesn't really interest me as I have too many other projects that I am working on.

There is also a old Rfactor version out but have never tried it as the the GSCE version and AMS conversion seem to be the latest one's.

OK, thanks for clarification!

Transmission can be "fixed" with a simple change in the physics.hdv file:

SemiAutomatic=1

If you ever update this again in the future, being able to choose manual or sequential transmission would be a nice vehicle configuration option since the real car had that choice. In the meantime, we can pick the one we prefer and adjust the one line above.

Hi @ClimaxF1 , I believe I followed the instructions correctly (installing the mod from the GTR2 site and then install your mod over the top). The car loads and seems like huge amounts of fun, but I have no FFB. Any ideas what I've done wrong please?

@ClimaxF1 Following your comment about me using the support section instead of a review. I did that (see above), but got no response, so I left a review.

If it helps, I found that if I set "FFB low force boost" to 100% I get some feedback (although it's a bit rough and clunky). I always have that setting at 0% for all other mods and get great feedback (using a Fanatec CSL Elite).

Without that setting I get zero resistance. I still feel imapcts etc, but the steering is light as a feather.

If you or anyone have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. I followed the install instructions correctly, and I have no problem with any other mod. The mod works fine aside from the lack of FFB. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but have the same problem. It's as if it's not picking up the RealFeel settings for some reason.

Last edited:
@ClimaxF1 Following your comment about me using the support section instead of a review. I did that (see above), but got no response, so I left a review.

If it helps, I found that if I set "FFB low force boost" to 100% I get some feedback (although it's a bit rough and clunky). I always have that setting at 0% for all other mods and get great feedback (using a Fanatec CSL Elite).

Without that setting I get zero resistance. I still feel imapcts etc, but the steering is light as a feather.

If you or anyone have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. I followed the install instructions correctly, and I have no problem with any other mod. The mod works fine aside from the lack of FFB. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but have the same problem. It's as if it's not picking up the RealFeel settings for some reason.
I apologize if I can't always reply, these days my business is my focus and gaming or modding is a side hobby when I have time.

Add these two files two the vehicle folder and allow to overwrite.

Then before you launch the game add this to the RealFeelPlugin in AMS's main folder.

Launch game and select realfeel in the showroom if not already selected.

[Ariel]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-550.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Last edited:
Adjusting the values as suggested above has made a huge difference. Thanks!
Strangely enough when I tried the mod again there was no ffb.
With the new settings and files this also solved my problem.
You can lower the maxforce to -500 or -450 if you want more ffb.
Just make sure you have realfeel selected in the showroom.

Adjusting the values as suggested above has made a huge difference. Thanks!
Strangely enough when I tried the mod again there was no ffb.
With the new settings and files this also solved my problem.
You can lower the maxforce to -500 or -450 if you want more ffb.
Just make sure you have realfeel selected in the showroom.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back