DiRT Rally 2.0 Argentina

My question to any true WRC fans here is this.

What do you associate with the Argentine rally? Is it fast stages, wide spaces and watersplashes? Sometimes 5-10 per stage?

Or is it endless windy hairpins in terrain lined with rocks?

Yes the two exist, but the stuff we got in this game is ONE area of the rally, the rest of it is nearly all wide open, flowing stuff with water crossings.

I do feel in so many ways Codies missed a trick with this game, they just tried to make it overly difficult and forgot to make it fun.

there is little fun about driving in heavy rain at night in NZ or Wales, it is just a chore.

This is the challenge Rob.
Of course you can go flat out in Poland and Finland, but Argentina is more tricky. And a true rally fan loves to fight himself through the welsh woods at night while it rains heavily!

So in my eyes, there's nothing wrong with Argentina in this game!

As Rob said, the stages at the game seems to reflect only one kind of terrain of Córdoba (not Catamarca as it shows in the game). I know those roads and the bridges, but it's only a section, the rest is a lot more green (at least in summer) and there are lot of river crosses.

In these two videos appears all kind of terrains, including the bridges and part of the stone walls.

I found a very good video taken from a motorbike, doing the emblematic trip "Copina - El Condor" in Córdoba where the WRC runs. You could recognise the bridges, the stone walls, and the stone house.

Here is the location in google. You have to zoom in and look upward of route 34 marked in yellow to find the rally road.

Copina-El_Condor1.JPG

Copina-El_Condor2.JPG

I guess my point about this is, they could have used two locations, not just one. Argentina is about speed, watersplashes and altitude, not just narrow mountain passes on dirt, yes they are there, but they are not the whole event.

if you take Wales, you have open roads, various corner types a real mixture of corners, same as Poland where you have sections in wooded areas, open sections, and tighter bits, Mexico is 90% tight and boring, endless hairpins and 2 left and rights, that's not fun for me, or for many I guess. And when you watch footage of he event over the years that is such a small part of it.

EvenGreece in DR1 was at least a little variable, you had tight stuff yes, but not all of it was like that.

I understand your point and I agree. If you see this video at Córdoba of a long stage, very near from the stages included on the game, you could see two very different kind of roads and surfaces, with lot of tight corners but with high speed sections too.

The problem I see is that it would become too similar to Australia or Greece. However, I would like to see this kind of roads on the game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%