Are these cars just bad or just unpopular?

In all my reading across different forums. I read very little about these ACC cars. So it maid me wonder, are they bad cars (handling and performance) or just not popular. In the GT3's it would be the Honda NSX, the Jaguar, the Lambos'. In GT4 it would be the Camaro and the XBow.

I think you can basically go quick in all of them. Each of them has its quirks, strengths and weaknesses. Try them, find the one that suits your driving style and master them.

That said the older 2018 GT3s might see less love and some of the GT4s might get less used. The Ginetta has a low top speed, so unsuited for fast tracks. The KTM might also be more suited to technical tracks, because it is very nimble. The Camaro drives like a boat, but very quick indeed.

As stated by Dr Rob, they all have strengths and weeknesses. The Jag is great at Monza but nowhere else. I exclusively drive the NSX now as it suits my driving style, I totally trust the front end and can smash it across kerbs, whereas I have no confidence in the R8 because it doesn't like kerbs and bounces like a pogo stick. So I'm quicker in the NSX than any other car in the game. I'm no alien but can do 39s at Kyalami in it but not in any other car.

The Evo Lambo is one of the fastest cars overall, so that's quite a good pick. It's just very difficult to handle for a lot of people, so that's why they don't pick it. People prefer focusing on the Porsche when they learn a difficult car as the reward is greater with it.
The Jag has too long gearing for anything but fast tracks, so it's great at Monza and OK at the other high speed tracks. It's terrible on anything else.
The NSX Evo is a really good car on most tracks. Of course far from the best, but the gaps, especially with the 2020 BOP and tyres, are very small. Also it is one of the best cars for overtaking.

Overall you can be fast in any car as long as you keep your focus on them. Sometimes you will have to work harder to get on a top spot in public racing, but if you know your car well enough you will get there with any. You mostly see everyone driving the same cars because others tell them they are the best. They disregard with what car they are comfortable and just pick whatever they see on top most and what others tell them to pick.

Have to admit I find the Reiter awful just about everywhere, my style must not suit the way it drives at all, I had to jack up the rear no end to make it even do 50's at monza, 1 rear wing, jacked up about 7 clicks to get it to even try and turn in!

Indeed, it is great at Monza the Jag, I found a fair bit of time, but it is tougher at Lesmo I think.

I also found it worked surprisingly well at Nurburgring, I found time there too, I do think you need to up the ABS a fair bit and the TC as the agg settings are far too low for my style.

Indeed, it is great at Monza the Jag, I found a fair bit of time, but it is tougher at Lesmo I think.

I also found it worked surprisingly well at Nurburgring, I found time there too, I do think you need to up the ABS a fair bit and the TC as the agg settings are far too low for my style.

I got some pretty quick times out of it at Brands, so don't rule it out anywhere. I couldn't make it work at Suzuka, though.

Need to do way more than just ABS, the setups it's been given are generally rubbish.

It may be more of a Herd mentality. Every track you go to its usually Ferrari AMG Bentley and Porsche that are at the top of qualifying so people may flock to them because the faster drivers like them. I switch between 4 cars which isnt smart but it depends on the track personally for me how i attack it and what car feels the most stable for me. That gives me confidence. AMR is my go too but anything technical I go Porsche because its so nimble in the corners and fast in and out of the corner IMO. Braking also goes into my car of choice. I can not get the Ferrari to consistantly stop in turn one on Monza so i cant use it. But then I am usually faster at the Spa with the 488. But I see what you are saying rarely see a Jag and the NSX I usually only see at Monza or Spa that are fast.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back