Are there any mods for for a xbox one controller?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Mike Sterckx, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx

Ratings:
    +512
    Trying to learn to drive with a controller. It's not going too well. I don't know, the thumb stick feels uncontrollable. Not enough travel for my liking. If they were somewhat higher the steering would be easier and more precise... i think. Anyone have experience with these?: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/call-of-duty-black-ops-4.html

Also, the brake trigger feels too weak. A harder spring would do the trick i think. Or if anyone has a better idea.

2. Manx-Andi

Manx-Andi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    Forget those clip-on rubber type extenders. I have tried several different types and, while they work ok for a short while, they soon become loose and fall off regularly.

I bought a set of these recently and highly recommend them -
    Thumb-Stick-Grip-Metal-Buttons-Mod-Repair-Replace-Kitfor-Xbox-One-Elite-PS4-
    A bit of a pig to fit, but well worth the effort - brilliant for the TT game, and they are quickly tuneable as the stick part is held in place by a magnet so can be changed mid-game in seconds.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. MadKoi

MadKoi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    I used these (https://www.kontrolfreek.com/speed-freek-apex.html) for the left thumbstick and it worked alright, I know exaclty what you mean regarding the trigger spring being to soft for braking, unfortunately I have not found a solution ... I am now back to my old banged up G25

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx

Ratings:
    +512
    Thanks for the advice.

5. Pär Öqvist

Pär Öqvist
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    Get a Xbox Elite controller. Comes with taller thumbsticks and just feels more accurate..

6. Mike Sterckx

Mike Sterckx

Ratings:
    +512
    They just arrived. So much better now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.