F1 2010 Are the bugs and glitches really problems

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I am curious as to how many people think the bugs and glitches on this game are as serious as people are going on about.

Personally i dont find them to much of a problem the only one that gets under my skin is the penalties.

Most times its my fault but 7 times out of 10 its not like cars rear ending me and i get a 10 sec penalty because of it thats kinda silly in my eyes.

Or cutting corners sometimes all i have to do is set 1 wheel on the grass and i get an infraction i mean cmon or if i take a corner to wide and ride up onto the grass penalty the judges are really strict.

But bugs like the pit stop are not so bad my strategy to avoid it is to pit in early or try build a slight lead from the rest of the pack which doesnt always work.

But surely in real F1 If several cars pit in the car out first has priority and another car can not pull out and impede the driver.

Other ones ive heard of are punctures but thats part of the fun sooner or later everyone gets a puncture unless they are driving with damage off.

Another is the fact that people have been saying cars dont pit in i have never seen this and ive been lookin since being told of it the only time it doesnt happen is when its wet but they are fully entitled not to pit in when its wet but its the rules in a dry race to use 2 sets of tyres.

Also generated laptimes in qualys is a big issuse IMO i dont find this bad because the laps arent outrageous they are 2 secs ahead maybe and with a good bit of solid driving that is easy to make up or some custom setups.

As for the fact that the AI are able to drive like they have no fuel in the race it is slightly annoying but not something that would ruin the game for me.

Basically i just want other peoples feed back on these issues to see how others are reacting and how they are coping with them?

Thanks

P.S I know that was a bit dragged out and if i didnt cover any other bugs feel free to point them out :cool:

I personally find many of the bugs/glitches to be real problems.

1. Everyone knows about the pitstop thing and work around it - pit on different lap... blah blah
[not so much of a problem now]

2. AI no tire wear and fuel sim - annoying, but affect really depends on the track I guess.
[a huge problem at places like catalunya and monaco]

3. Race speed - To me, this is the biggest problem. The AI race speed seems to be based on position more than the actual cars. Basically if one of the new teams is running a long stint by starting on the prime, at some point in the race they will be in 10-12th place. Of course while they are here, they will magically start putting in laps faster than the race leader so by the time they pit they are far enough ahead of you to not lose positions. Also, how is it that in practice and qualifying, alot of cars fastest times will be like 4 seconds slower than their average race lap? Lol, cars qualifying with a 1:23.5 have a SLOWEST race lap of like 1:22.0
[Makes for some unrealistic race results and really punishes you for pitting early]

4. Punctures - I really get almost one per race. Maybe some of it is on me, but c'mon... how often do spontaneous punctures really happen in F1? Seems to me like 2-3 per season would be more than enough.
[I guess it's not a problem if you have a rewind]

5. Career finishing expectations - I'm in the HRT and they are expecting me to qualify 15th and finish 12th? What is the point of the contract that says "finish 20th" then? Other people are saying that they are winning the championship and still getting dumped by their team.
[I'm still in my first season, but I'm guessing this will be a problem in terms of gaining enough rep to move to a better team]

Almost forgot...As far as some other stuff people pointed out:
- Yes, it seems to me that some of the spins are canned. It's like if you go over a certain spot the car will just spin slowly no matter what you do. i.e. catalunya final chicane. You kinda learn to drive around these spots.
- Corrupt save games - You just have to keep a back up around. I definitely learned the hard way.

I can't speak for other people, but what I mean is that sometimes the spins seem like a gated and locked animation. Whether it comes from cutting across a curb or going into the gravel trap, once you start spinning there's not really anything you can do about it except wait for the animation to finish.

I guess the other thing people could mean (and this would be much worse), is that spinning is just like an if..then statement. IF player runs over this part of track THEN he will spin. I personally don't believe the game has any of these.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back