Are servers available outside of events?

Hi,
I've been doing a bit of online Assetto Corsa racing of late. I'm average, still a lot to learn about the cars and tracks. Can't do setups as I'm addicted to the Rift.

I've got a bit sick of the public online servers as it's a bit of a Spa Imola Monza GT3 frenzy. I saw your event list and really fancy racing all those different cars and tracks.

Problem is evenings are not good for me,, not til around 8pm UK time anyway. So I was wondering if servers are available outside of event times, just for some fun? Also when you have events do you have lots of time for practice or is it all racing?

Thanks!

And this is exactly the reason why people are willed to spend hundreds of dollars on iRacing ;)
Maybe less willed and more forced, but well ;)

Events on RD are as described, for example today's race:
90 minutes practice / 30 minutes qualitying / 6 laps race
But of course that's not the standard, as it's the Nordschleife :)

Tomorrow's race:
30 minutes practice / 15 minutes qualifying / 35 minutes race
(That's closer to what's usually seen in most racing clubs here on RD)

So I was wondering if servers are available outside of event times, just for some fun? Also when you have events do you have lots of time for practice or is it all racing?
We only have our public server open next to the club events. Practice is always an option offline, but usually there will be some half hour to an hour practice time before 'the real deal' with Qualification and the Race itself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 14.1%