Are racing wheels worth it?

Does buying the Logitech G27 or any other racing wheel for that matter make the game more enjoyable? I'm sitting on the fence about buying a wheel and I'm just wondering how much of a difference there is than using keyboard. Is the money worth it for the fun you get out of using it?

well yes because you dont have much control with the keyboard on track (you might do with games like: Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix series and Codemasters F1 Series), its much more tense on rFactor because when your using the keyboard while driving in rfactor and you go to turn for a corner and you press on of the steer buttons it turns fully straight away and using without TC is dangerous if in a situation of starting the race or turning to be a matter of fact so yes steering wheels even cheap steering wheels is essential

I take my hat off to people who manage to drive (and drive well)with a keyboard, I really do. But even if you can drive well, there is just nothing like the feeling of reality that you get from using even the cheapest wheel. It transforms games into sims. I was over the Moon with my DFGT, and would highly recommend it, but if you can stretch a bit further you will not regret getting a G27. I use mine every day, an expensive toy that is paying me back each day. Soon it will break even and continue paying me. I just would not be without a wheel. Of course it might be difficult to justify a G27 for this one game alone, but you could get a reasonable, cheaper wheel if you are only going to use it in ETS. In the end it depends on whether you are a casual gamer or a serious sim racer. :)

The difference is like night and day. There's a lot more sim there once you start using a wheel. If you have a collection of driving games you can justify getting a wheel because you'll be able to go back to those games and see them in a new light.

The problem is for a game like euro truck you would really want a wheel that can do 900 degree rotation. My current wheel only does 270 degrees and it get's twitchy. Unfortunately 900 degree wheels tend to be on the pricey side.

But even my cheap wheel improved gameplay so much that I'm now completely hooked and moving onto a more expensive wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back