Are mod cars legit?

Hello everyone. I'm new to simracing and to AC in particular (40 hours so far).
Wanted to ask are the cars from mods give you somewhat real feel?
I mean, they gotta have settings that modmakers provide and of course they can ovepowerit etc.

I'm really all about realism and wanted to ask shouldI trust mods or stick with official Kunos DLCs and cars?

Mods by RaceSimStudio and VRC are a no brainer. Throughout their repertoire they are excellent to drive, sound fantastic and look amazing. I might even say that some of their mods are even better than the Kunos content.

URD mods are also good, just not quite as detailed as those mentioned above.

And for free mods: Try them out. I mean there's no downside in downloading a mod and trying it. If you like it, great! Keep it. If you don't, uninstall it.

Usually the mods with high rating and a lot of downloads are great mods in every aspect as well. give them a try!

Hope that helps

many of us modders on here try our best to get the cars as real as we could, so for the stuff you find here on RD (that is newer than roughly 2016) it should be among the best you find.

And power is the easiest to get right, suspension geometry is the biggest issue (at least for me :whistling: )

Last edited:
Mods by RaceSimStudio and VRC are a no brainer. Throughout their repertoire they are excellent to drive, sound fantastic and look amazing. I might even say that some of their mods are even better than the Kunos content.

URD mods are also good, just not quite as detailed as those mentioned above.

And for free mods: Try them out. I mean there's no downside in downloading a mod and trying it. If you like it, great! Keep it. If you don't, uninstall it.

Usually the mods with high rating and a lot of downloads are great mods in every aspect as well. give them a try!

Hope that helps

What Sellerie with dip said. Everything is spot on. almost 90% of the mod cars you find on facebook is just people editing cars for fun. The best mods that are not on RD, are only the mods where people who have the same car IRL, are beta testers and a part of their development, and experienced simmer. All other mods with fancy body kits and insane powers is just fiction.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back