Are 1.01 and 1.02 patches to be installed before RSRBR 2011 ?

I am thinking about installing RSRBR 2011 but I am not sure about how to do that. In the Sticky above I read that after installing RBR, both 1.01 and 1.02 patches must be installed and then all the RSRBR 2011 files. However I thought that I also read somewhere that the patches are already included in RSRBR.
Because I have already RBR with both patches, I wonder what I have to do. Do I have to uninstall RBR and then start all over again, by reinstalling RBR without the patches and then install RSRBR 2011 ? Or can I just install RSRBR 2011 without uninstalling first ?

I assume you re-installed to a different location?
If that solved it, we have all learned a bit more about where to install with Win 7. I've not seen anything about that location.
Alternatively, maybe you just had a faulty install of RSRBR2011, that can happen sometimes.

I see now that you just included the RBR exe in DEP. :good:

Great to see you got it working, hope you have lots of fun with all the new content.

You would be very welcome to join up with us for our On-Line Rally Club events, or even our RDRC League. :)

Yea it was something that simple the entire time. Not sure how I overlooked that in all the times I've tried getting this to work but now that it's working I'm loving it. I'd love to join some of the online rally events. I haven't played online yet but what do I have to do to locate/join your league? Thanks.

I haven't played online yet but what do I have to do to locate/join your league?

We have both Rally Club Events (basically casual fun Rally's to help people learn about RBR or just have fun trying to improve or try out the many different contents of RSRBR2011), and a more competitive Rally Championship which is held every 3rd week.

Details about how to get started are covered here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/37190-how-do-i-join-rally-club.html

Rally Club events are posted in our Rally Club Forum, which you gain access to as soon as you become registered.

The Rally Championship is part way through, but drivers can join at any time. Details can be found here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/rd-rally-championship/

In both Rally Club Events and the Rally Championship, we have drivers from every skill level (raw beginners to very fast / experienced people), and even our experienced drivers are known to have major crashes in these Rally's, as anyone familiar with RBR would expect. It's all about having fun and enjoying a great Rally Sim.

Unzip the Numnotes 102.zip file to a separate location, you will see 3 Folders (Bin, Decreasing, and Increasing) and 3 files (the readme and two .bat files).

Do not use the .bat files to install the pacenotes ( they will screw up your audio)

All you need to do is to choose whichever Pacenote numbering you prefer (Increasing or Decreasing), the readme explains which is which.

I use decreasing, so I'll explain using that option.
1. First, make a backup of your Richard Burns Rally/ Audio/ Speech/ Pacenote Folder (so you can restore the default sounds if needed).
2. Open the Numnotes/Decreasing Folder and you will see a list of .ogg files (these are the pacenote sound files).
3. Copy these files and paste them into your Richard Burns Rally/Audio/Speech/Pacenote folder. Allow it to overwrite the older files.

That's it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years