Arduino SFX Shield/Extension Board Group buy list (USA)

As you might have read I created a shield which makes the electrical part of installing the SFX100 super easy and idiot proof.

We will be organizing a group buy and make this board available to everyone who's interested.

The price of the board will be somewhere around 20 dollars
( plus shipping / handling and taxes if needed)

I will be handling orders for the USA region.

My current task is to collect prospects. In the second step, when the final price is fixed, you may send the amount including shipping costs to a PayPal address (PayPal for friends).

For those who have paid up to a certain date (I will post that later) the order will be started in China and the shipping to USA recipients will be arranged through me.

If you are interested and want to be put on the list, leave your nickname and desired quantity below in the topic. Thank you!

UK/Ireland SFX builders go here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...nsion-board-group-buy-list-uk-ireland.166666/

EU (except Germany) SFX builders go here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/arduino-sfx-shield-extension-board-group-buy-list-eu.166659/

German SFX100 builders go here:

https://forum.virtualracing.org/showthread.php/113873-Arduino-SFX-Shield-Extension-Board-Sammelliste

NZ/AU SFX100 builders go here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/arduino-sfx-shield-extension-board-group-buy-list-au.166791/

Update 1:
The final layout of the board has changed a bit. The RJ45 jack will be replaced by 2 screw terminals. This eliminates the need for an additional RJ45 breakout connector, and reduces the cost of the board.

apvGHtN.jpg

Note that the enclosure has changed to accommodate this adjustment, so hold off on printing those until I make the updated enclosure files available.

Update 2:
Order process:
1. On April 5 I will send all people who are on the list a PM with my PayPal address.
2. Cost for US orders is $24 shipped for one board. Additional boards are +$9.00.
3. Please only use PayPal's "Send to Friends and Family " to avoid PayPal fee.
4. In the PayPal comment leave your full name and shipping address.
5. The payment window will close on April 12.
6. All orders payed by April 12 will be included in the group buy.
7. We will order the boards at the factory on April 12.
8. Estimated delivery before the end of May.

Updated design video:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's pretty exciting to have this level of motion hardware available at this price point. I don't think I ever would have invested in a DBox system, but the SFX-100 design really unlocked the possibility of owning my own motion simulator. I'm extremely thankful to @saxxon66 for making his design available and I'm happy I was able to contribute some of my own skills to the project.

You strike me as a gent with more than enough capabilities to acquire a DBox system, but maybe investment is a better term there. We're extremely thankful for both you and Saxxon. Even after your work here organizing all of this, you're designing models for people without the exact knowhow. Your participation in the community is awesome, love having you :D

I hope Saxxon has contacted you about getting into the Beta program ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks Scott. I should be clear that I am just an end user like everyone else, and I am not associated with the core SFX team at all. No special Beta access for me! But everyone has been a pleasure to work with and this community really is an amazing group. Happy to be a part of it. :)

Upvote 0
Is it still possible to get our hands on one of these? Can we start another group buy or get details on how to get one? Or make the PCB layout available?

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Is there a new list going or any old stock for sale? It looks like you only need one for a standard SFX100 build. I'm hoping that people are helping their friends with all these multiple purchase posts.

Upvote 0
Is there a new list going or any old stock for sale? It looks like you only need one for a standard SFX100 build. I'm hoping that people are helping their friends with all these multiple purchase posts.

I found his website here where you can download all the files and have your own board made. I just placed an order for the PCB's however the minimum order quantity is 5 units. So, if anyone wants one, let me know, I'd be willing to ship one to you.

Video Walkthrough:

Upvote 0
The PCB's are getting delivered sometime today! Superfast turn around time. I'll post a photo when they arrive. And, no problem I think I want to keep 2 of them, so I'll have 3 up for grabs.

Upvote 0
The boards just arrived, they look great! Here's some pics of the boards and my rig. I have 3 extra boards for anyone that wants one. First come first serve.

And I want to thank everyone that's contributed to this project, you've all done a spectacular job with all the R&D and thorough documentation. I look forward to completing this build.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

I'm doing another small group buy of my fully-assembled SFX-100 shields. Please PM me if you would like to get one from this batch. Of course you are also welcome to fabricate your own - the design is open source and available on my GitHub page.

Please note: The signup list in this thread is from a previous group buy and is not being tracked. If you want a board please PM me.

ShRkzay.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back