Archiving old threads and posts

Can someone explain how and why this is done?

I've just noticed all the F1 2011 leagues were thrown into one thread.... xbox, ps3, PC.... all in one thread. It makes most of those posts irrelevant as you can't follow a conversation.

because hardly anybody reads those old threads. For F1 2011 we were stuck with i think 22 inactive subforums, which is quite a lot if you see the total amount we have.

If it then turns completely inactive this is the most efficient solution

I guess I'm a little ignorant when it comes to these things as i don't have any experience with forums other than as a user.

What I don’t understand is why the threads have to be merged so that the conversations within them become harder and harder to follow. Why does it matter that, instead of having 100 threads and 10,000 posts, you have 10 threads and 10,000 posts? It’s still the same number of posts isn’t it? Doesn't it still take up the same about of space?

You are absolutely right Karl about it being harder to follow. But in all honesty I think you are the first to read back old league threads :)

Will take it into account for the next game though. Maybe we can make a better archive section for dead threads and still easy to administrate it.

Thanks for voicing the concerns.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back