Archived modding threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
placing objects, gravels, signs, and make a rural roads.

ei60pf.jpg

vcxkx1.jpg

1238hef.jpg

Hello everyone, one of a community member on fb in assetto corsa drift community has a problem he got he's car and his driver and everything seems to be perfect except the drivers head is too big it's sticking out of the roof any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• 10931691_846076285450634_8243684821987579852_o.jpg
    10931691_846076285450634_8243684821987579852_o.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 215
Looks like you also need to change the specular map, that is whats "shining through". Thats the texture that defines if the surface reflects much light like a mirror, or if its matt and doesnt reflect light.

one thing i can suggest is make sure you have Xfinish,xpitin,xpitout,xsectot1,xsector2 big enough across the width of track and below the terrain level. has rfactor & rest of sims seems to miss them if they are not below ground level.like a gap in terrain can cause the cars to flip.

Xfinish needs to be across the lenght of track and across the pits...
Xsector1 & xsector2 : needs to be across the track
Xpitin xpitout : needs to be in the pit lane and not hitting the main track, if it does it causes alot of timing errors

if it misses one timing gate, it will mess the timings up.also check the collison are on all timings sectors.

a scn file:
Instance=xfinish
{
Render=False
Change=False
MeshFile=xfinish.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}

Instance=xsector1
{
Render=False
Change=False
MeshFile=xsector1.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}

Instance=xsector2
{
Render=False
Change=False
MeshFile=xsector2.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}

Instance=xpitin
{
Render=False
Change=False
MeshFile=xpitin.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP
}

Instance=xpitout
{
Render=False
Change=False
MeshFile=xpitout.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False
Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP
}

Last edited:
Well, the spec map is very similar to the normal texture you made, but it has a different color-range, that defines how "shiny" it is. But i can't really help you more, as i don't have any of the F1 games (i assume that your skins is for one of these). Maybe you can find the original spec map, i often used the same filename of the normal texture with "_s" for specular as suffix, so i can find it easily. If you find it, you can try to reverse-engineer it, so it works for you, without Blackberrys and Petronas :)

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much banger! But guess what, just last night I have realized something silly... :laugh:

Everything was already perfectly fine and it was actually working right! :thumbsup: The I thing I didn't really know & forgot about, is that the time resets during practice/test sessions when you enter pits! :roflmao:

Thanks a lot Guys! :D

hi all,
just curious, not sure if this can be done or not,...if i wanted to increase the amount of laps in a game how hard would it be? example....in some games the most laps in a the game is 8 and i want to increase laps to 20 could i use notepad ++ to edit it and if so where would i look to edit the lap count?
thanks.....TZ

Sorry if posting in wrong forum . I have Dashmeter Pro for Iracing and A.C . I updated both on my Android device . When I use either one I get a message at the bottom of the Android device display that says " outdated plugins " . Does anyone know where I can get the latest Plugins . I went to the website and could not find it anywhere.

Sorry if posting in wrong forum . I have Dashmeter Pro for Iracing and A.C . I updated both on my Android device . When I use either one I get a message at the bottom of the Android device display that says " outdated plugins " . Does anyone know where I can get the latest Plugins . I went to the website and could not find it anywhere.

I have the one for ac/pcars with the same issue before and emailed sensadigit about it. They told me to download the one for pcars(newer version in their website) and that solved the problem. You will have to change the ip address again on the new one and just delete the old version you have. On the new version, you can use 3 android devices.

This might be interesting for track creators. :)

It's legal! No cracks or hacks. ;)

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/get-google-earth-pro-for-free/

Most amazing of all, Google made this tool available for free. This despite an educational -- and, let's be honest, entertainment -- value that's virtually impossible to measure.

What you maybe didn't know is that Google has long offered a Pro version of Earth as well, one that cost a hefty $399 per year. Now, however, you can get Google Earth Pro absolutely free.

First things first: The words "free trial" still appear in that URL, but as you'll see when you click through to the sign-up page, "Sign up is no longer required for Google Earth Pro." All you have to do is
download the installer, run it, then sign in using your e-mail address (as your username) and license code GEPFREE.

Second things second: Do you really need this? Probably not, as Pro was created with business/enterprise users in mind -- but it does afford some pretty cool extras not found in the free version, including:

• Advanced measurements: Measure parking lots and land developments with polygon area measure, or determine affected radius with circle measure.
  • High-resolution printing: Print images up to 4,800 x 3,200 pixel resolution.
  • Exclusive pro data layers: Demographics, parcels, and traffic count.
  • Spreadsheet import: Ingest up to 2,500 addresses at a time, assigning place marks and style templates in bulk.
  • Movie-Maker: Export Windows Media and QuickTime HD movies, up to 1,920x1,080-pixel resolution.
So, yeah, you could print ultra-high-resolution images of, say, your neighborhood. (The free version tops out at 1,000 pixels.) Or add high-def fly-over videos to your movies. Pretty sweet stuff.

And don't overlook the huge thrill of scoring a $400 product for free. That's always fun.

Hey guys,
as you may know am I working on a Ken Block pack. For that I want to change the preview in the driver change menu. Which datas have I to change there? At the moment (after changing the database Shortnames and nationality). I just have this:

Thanks

Hello everyone, hope this is in the right place, anyway I bought gse on steam today and I can't seem to get any of the car mods to work ,is show up in the game! I'm wondering if anyone could please help me at all,I'd be extremely grateful, many thanks ,PS I'm a newb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back