ARCA Sim Racing

ARCA Tracks Preview

As I was lucky enough to get an early glimpse of the new tracks coming soon to ARCA I have put together this short movie with some onboard action from Berlin, New Jersey and San Jose.

Berlin
Berlin will be very unique to ARCA sim racing, A short track that is nearly a circle! It does not have a back straightaway, turn two slips straight into turn three and with no outer wall around the back I can see some off track excursions happining while we try to find decent lines around there. Ive only driven a few laps but I can see the challenge this little track is going to give us, I just need to find a decent line!

San Jose
Another road course in san Jose but in this case its a street circuit, Confined track, Tight corners will make this a race to win in qualification. Passing will be rather difficult but there may be a few places on the circuit a late brake pedal may give you the edge to overtake.

New Jersey
Well to be honest I wasnt looking forward to any of the road track releases but this in my view is the finest road circuit we now have in ARCA sim racing. The cars drive very well around the track, for some reason it seems its far easier to drive the stockcar around here than say Montreal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iE0kEWLfg[/ame]

As I was lucky enough to get an early glimpse of the new tracks coming soon to ARCA I have put together this short movie with some onboard action from Berlin, New Jersey and San Jose.

Berlin
Berlin will be very unique to ARCA sim racing, A short track that is nearly a circle! It does not have a back straightaway, turn two slips straight into turn three and with no outer wall around the back I can see some off track excursions happening while we try to find decent lines around there. Ive only driven a few laps but I can see the challenge this little track is going to give us, I just need to find a decent line!

San Jose
Another road course in san Jose but in this case its a street circuit, Confined track, Tight corners will make this a race to win in qualification. Passing will be rather difficult but there may be a few places on the circuit a late brake pedal may give you the edge to overtake.

New Jersey
Well to be honest I wasnt looking forward to any of the road track releases but this in my view is the finest road circuit we now have in ARCA sim racing. The cars drive very well around the track, for some reason it seems its far easier to drive the stockcar around here than say Montreal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iE0kEWLfg[/ame]

Attachments

• TSFlogo.jpg
    TSFlogo.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 213
Now I really want to do a city race in San Jose, looked and sounds fantastic. Thanks for uploading this Gareth :good:

Dou you have some picture of the new body and other eyes candy,
is really important to have the life of our race as the pit crew, official and other thing and we will see more clearly damage model for the eyes and the realism

Thanks sim-factory your sim is very great and hopes to see all these things in the very near future.

Eric Martel​

Yep, auto clutch was on you got me.... :D The back end at low speeds downshifting likes to come around and with all these 1st gear turns thats not good! Im not used to braking lots and turning right!

It sounds awful I know.. I just needed a few clean laps :)

End of longest line (EOLL): Usually given to you for speeding in pit lane, Sometimes it looks like you have been given it randomly but the sim is only waiting till the final caution lap to issue them out to you.

I saw this come up in the race (not sure for who) and also wondered what it meant. I haven't seen a explanation for it in the manual, so I was wondering what do you do if you get one?

Another thing, at the very start of the race I was given a stop & go, after the pace car pulled in and it said "green flag go, go, go" Any ideas as to why I received it, so I can avoid it in the future.

did you try to pass someone or passed someone (on the left side of the driver)....or in this case the pace car before the start finish line or the green flag?

if so that might be the reason you got a stop & go as it is not allowed to pass the pass car before green flag or on the left side of the person in front of you before the start finish line

I saw this come up in the race (not sure for who) and also wondered what it meant. I haven't seen a explanation for it in the manual, so I was wondering what do you do if you get one?

Another thing, at the very start of the race I was given a stop & go, after the pace car pulled in and it said "green flag go, go, go" Any ideas as to why I received it, so I can avoid it in the future.

Yep, on restarts you can pass on the outside only before the line but watching the replay at the start of the race you were in position, I dont see why that happened to be honest.
There was a car missing off the grid that I presume was Eric's slot, you lost a place at the start even before the line so jumping a car is out of the question for the penalty.
As for a lucky dog,
When a driver gets a lucky dog they must get a lap back by overtaking all of the cars plus the pacecar and rejoin to the back of the pack gaining a lap back on the field.
When the LD is issued all drivers (apart from the lucky dog) must stay on the low line to allow the LD recipient to pass on the outside of the field.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%