ARCA Sim Racing

• shenken

RSC is back up again so try to post there. I´ve also tried to keep Zippy updated because i´ve PMed him to let him know that RSC is in fact online again. He´s one of the first and fastest guys of The Sim Factory that may answer your question or issue you have with pre-ordering or normal order procedures. :)

Release update for Europeans

I just talked to Zippy from the Sim Factory LLC and europeans can start ordering NOW!

The shipping may take around 7 days!

Is this good news or what?

Read me or manual?

Any chance of posting the Arca readme that comes with this sim?
Were getting close & I pre-ordered the min I was able to but I would love to get a jump on things. One of the things I enjoy about a new sim is reading the manual or the read me. I'm sure someone has already asked but what the heck.

Doug D:biggrin:

• shenken

If there is a PDF then I guess it´ll be only in PDF format shipped on DVD. I don´t think that Zippy will give us a sneak preview of it. I mean it´s just a few more days... Yes days.. Not weeks anymore :)

• shenken

http://www.thesimfactory.com/

Go there and order this beast ;)

Be sure to read the entire policy of ordering procedure to avoid delays. I´ve pre-ordered on January 1st, 2008 so I expect the game during next week or in two :tongue:

Pre-order terms & disclaimer

PAYMENT PROCESSING - All Pre-Orders are processed through PAYPAL and will be processed upon submission.
DELIVERY DATE - The Software, which will be on DVD, will be shipped no later then 60 days from January 1st, 2008.
EXPECTED EARLY DELIVERY - We are going to try and deliver before the 60 days if possible and our goal is Feb 9th...the week of Daytona Speedweeks. Information will be made available at the main arcasimracing.com website. The opportunity for digital downloads will be possible if there is any delay in DVD production. Customers will have the choice to get the digital version. DVD's can be made available to digital customers at an additional cost*
UPDATES AND PATCHES - Like many other titles we plan to provide regular UPDATES to fix possible bugs as well as to add the remainder of the ARCA run tracks. The SOFTWARE will ship with 10 tracks and the remainder of the tracks will be provided before they are run in the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series FREE OF CHARGE. Other additions to the software will also be added.
It is important to understand that ASR is a simulation software and due to the progressions in technology as well as the engine coding...the software will maintain a consistant update cycle to take advantage of such new technology.
REFUNDS - We will refund if before the date of shipping. Once an item is shipped you may still return the item as long as it is within 60 DAYS from delivery and has NOT BEEN OPENED. All returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The Sim Factory LLC is not responsible for shipping costs on return items. When item is received by us we will then provide the refund minus the restocking fee

• shenken

Bram Hengeveld said:
Or try to post here :)

Ramon van Rijn said:
Yep, please post here. RSC is partly up and I guess they still have some maintenance work to do.

I agree since this place seems to be a very nice place too to stay for now :)

• shenken

ARCA Pre-Orders Closing Thur/Fri, 2-28-08 12:00 am

Quote from Zippy:

In order to begin the shipping process, pre-orders will suspend at midnight, Thursday 02-28-08 (actually, I guess thats Friday
icon_wink.gif
). Normal order process will begin the following Monday or Tuesday, with expected delivery about 4 - 7 days.

All purchases will be based on DVD, no electronic delivery is expected except in special instance.

A patch is also expected to be ready right at release to help with a few minor items, and a major update to Daytona.

In the next few days I will be releasing a manual on the Scoring tools we will be offering, and the Car Manager. These will be needed to sync car files throughout the various leagues and such. Open servers will most likely use normal, inherent schemes and not be an issue.

A forum area will be established hopefully at RSC for Bug reporting, but, if they are still in recovery state, then Rubbins will be used for this information.

• shenken

That´s a good question if it will be worth it. For people that have their doubts on "build on ISI technology" products, then I suggest to those: Wait until the product is released which will be in 3 days from now and wait a few weeks until there is some user feedback available.

I personally pre-ordered because I´m looking for a complete change. I´ve followed all the broadcasts, most discussions here and there, was excited about the Dale Earnhardt Jr. interview with the SRT guys a few weeks ago (ARCA Sim Racing Milwaukee Broadcast it was) and so i´m just curious about this one now. We all cannot say if it will be worth it or not since noone has this product yet except beta testers maybe that posted some feedback here and there in the past.

From all the written feedback I do think there is much truth in it and to gain sponsorships with most everything in the ARCA RE/MAX series, I do believe it was really really hard for The Sim Factory to bring us something worth it.

It will be good and may reunite the oval simracing community again. I tend to believe it and next week or so there will be the proof of truth if everything is so like everyone said!

• shenken

I understand your concern Ramon. Many people felt left out including me but strange though Germany was on the list from day 1 on. I tend to believe that it isn´t really important what country you choose from the shipping list at all. For TSF it is only important THAT you choose the shipping method in order to get the game shipped. You still have to enter your complete shipping address and country during the process once again so maybe that drop down menu of countries are just an optional thing and could´ve been mentioned also as "Shipment Yes/No".

It would be nonsense really if they prefer US residents only. I guess they mostly limited the list because of the pre-order prize but what do I know :D

I heard they still havent found a distributor in the Netherlands. So shipping is the only possibility.

But i would prefer a download after creditcard payment with a license key. But i dont know if they will offer that in the future

• shenken

Bram Hengeveld said:
I heard they still havent found a distributor in the Netherlands. So shipping is the only possibility.

But i would prefer a download after creditcard payment with a license key. But i dont know if they will offer that in the future

Maybe yes for the future but Zippy said in a post at RSC that a download option would be available IF there would be upcoming and unexpected delays of the guaranteed release date. As they don´t have issues as it seems, they will only ship the sim on DVD only so far.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back