ARCA Sim Racing

• rickla

Will it be worth it?

I may be missing something, but I've read arca sim racing is built using rfactor's engine and is similar. So I am thinking, spend $40 for rfactor and get all the mods, or $50 for arca and you get just the arca tracks/cars?

Or is the $50 really to pay for being in an official arca league? Maybe looking at it the wrong way.

Arca is not running the "old" rfactor engine but has undergone some serious updates! And i keep saying: 50 dollars for a game that you play daily/weekly for a lot of hours is always worth the money!
A dinner with friends cost me more :)

Big welcome to RPM by the way!

• rickla

I agree if I play it that much it's worth it, I just am not sure if I will yet. Sounds pretty good if I do play it that much.

Actually what would get me for any sim is something american based. I have lfs and had rfactor and euro players on both more than anything so finding a nice big field wasn't usual for my playing times. That's one appeal for iracing if it comes out had has what the old nascar ten had, full servers and ranked skill levels.

So if arca has a strong us base and lots of racers online, that will actually do it for me!

Online racing is growing .. There is a few places out there were you can make ok money online racing.. Great thing about the Internet.. Almost better then TV to advertise your company.. I started an online leauge for arca sim racing were driver will get paid weekly to race. There is year end money to be won.. Also some great prizes.

If you have played any stockcar games on rfactor you will now how bad they real are... i work on a race car team in the nascar canadain tire series.. setup is one of my main jobs there.. when i go to play the nascar2003 or the stockcar games out there for rfactor.. they are not there in the setup side.. yeah they look good.. but the don't respond the way they should .. the big reason for this is .. nascar 2003 tire modeling is old and out of date.. and when is was made it was made with the input from late model cars.. not to real.. as for the rfactor games.. isi motor and tire models were made around open wheel cars.. So the only way to fix this is one of two things .. rework the isi motor and build a new tire model or build the hole thing from the ground up.. Sim Factory made the right pick buy reworking the isi motor.. for the net code is by far the best out there for online racing.. and for sure less work .. just building a good tire model would take a company like ea over 6 months and they have 100s of people working for them..:) there are people out there paying over 100's of dollars for mods and addons for mirosoft's flight sim x. I think 50 bucks for great sim is a small price to pay.. Rumor has is that after the game is released that they will look into a demo for people to try before they buy..

• John Dye

I watched some videos of Arca Simracing, even league races which they ran in beta which had Dale Jr. and Truex Jr.. The racing and the game looked fantastic. Heard nothing but good things from real race car drivers including Dale Jr. on his interview after that league race. I also bought Rfactor for stock car racing, I have to say I wasnt real happy with it. Other mods for Rfactor are fun, its fun to mess around with but for serious stock car racing I'd look elsewhere.

Ron best place for a real racers is to jump online and race in a leauge.. :).. you will have more fun and it will bring the real to the game that much more.. racing with 5 guys is ok.. but racing with 40 is crazy.. i have been online racing for 8 years now .. all is does is get harder and harder... I think that is what makes it so fun.. The computer never gets better..

Not buy it. Try to learn how to make setups in Race07 and no much time to do anything else:( 6-8 years a go i drive nascar in lan and it's was really fun, but now i'dont just have that time.

M Dobrowney said:
If you have played any stockcar games on rfactor you will now how bad they real are... i work on a race car team in the nascar canadain tire series.. setup is one of my main jobs there.. when i go to play the nascar2003 or the stockcar games out there for rfactor.. they are not there in the setup side.. yeah they look good.. but the don't respond the way they should .. the big reason for this is .. nascar 2003 tire modeling is old and out of date.. and when is was made it was made with the input from late model cars.. not to real.. as for the rfactor games.. isi motor and tire models were made around open wheel cars.. So the only way to fix this is one of two things .. rework the isi motor and build a new tire model or build the hole thing from the ground up.. Sim Factory made the right pick buy reworking the isi motor.. for the net code is by far the best out there for online racing.. and for sure less work .. just building a good tire model would take a company like ea over 6 months and they have 100s of people working for them..:) there are people out there paying over 100's of dollars for mods and addons for mirosoft's flight sim x. I think 50 bucks for great sim is a small price to pay.. Rumor has is that after the game is released that they will look into a demo for people to try before they buy..

Hey there Dobrowney.
Do you think you can put some setup info/tutorial here for us (that can bring us a bit up to speed on what most teams uses to make a better car setup)? Because I normally use this setup tutorial: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html
But reading what you are saying makes me think that there is a big possibility that this setup tutorial might be a bit outdated for the new cars/chassis.

• astar08

Hi guys,
Having Darrin and Shaun on the show was great. I think Im hooked. I loved the game... wish I could run it on the Mac. Looks like I'll be building a windows machine,

Nava

why don't ya just use bootcamp??
I use that on nr2003 and rFactor and it runs excellent. Just get a windows disk and let bootcamp do the rest

If you are up for the job and fit the following requirements then let me know by sending a mail or pm. You are:
  • A daily visitor
  • You are up to date about the latest development of ARCA
  • Able to lead discussion and act strong if necessary
Then you are the guy/girl we are looking for. Let us know!

Release update by The Sim Factory. Bring it on :biggrin:

Zippy said:
we are on schedule to ship on the 1st as we had stated on the pre-order terms. Please allow the proper shipping time for your order to reach you...the standard is 1-5 days depending on your location from the shipping point which will be South Bend, IN or Chicago, IL. We are currently negotiating with a distribution company in Chicago to handle all our orders and to allow a faster and more efficent shipping process that also will allow us the ability to track the packages easier and more effectively as well as confirm all orders received.

The winner of the cockpit give-a-way will also be announced on SRT on the ship date and we will get that out to the lucky winner in early March.

At the release we will have some cool add-ons that will provided in a small and simple update that will self install for ease of use. We recorded TJ Majors during the 500 whom has agreed to be the official spotter in the ASR software to replace our sounds used during development. We would like to thank him for his help in the process.

Also we will, as stated, be adding new tracks and other cool features as time progresses and on a rather consistent basis to provide you the best and most bug free experience possible. Our rankings system will also be revamped to provide a stronger backbone of statistical tracking.

We would like to thank everyone in the simulation community for their patience during the development of the much anticipated ARCA SIM RACING 08. We are truly proud to be a part of the sim community as a software provider and will continue to dedicate ourselves to the progression of the product and to provide you an experience that is truly "As Real As It Gets". We also would like to thank everyone at ARCA for their support throughout our process and we are also excited to be back in 2008 as the Official Pole Award Sponsor of the series.

Thanks again! Sim Factory LLC Development Team

I still can't order and ship it into The Netherlands. Apparently they don't need my Dutch doekoe :)

Ps. I have mailed Simfactory to have Netherlands added to the list. No results /reply since then :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back