ARC_Team G25 E Mod

Just a little background first. I'm a PS3 racer but don't let that fool you, I'm pretty serious about my sims. I have a homebuilt cockpit with a G25 wheel set up. I also have the Perfect Pedal brake mod which is a great add I must say. http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/25-show-your-cockpit-124.html

Who is ARC_Team? The G25 E mod comes from the ARC_Team out of Italy and they are pretty serious about sim racing too. I'll leave it at that and here is their website link if you want to know more.
http://www.f1driving.it/

What is the G25 E Mod? The G25 E mod enhances the power that your G25 or G27 puts out to the FFB motors significantly. It uses a new power supply, booster circuit and modifies the circuit board by replacing resistors and other electronic components so the wheel can handle more power and remain reliable. It also modifies some duct work in the case(chassis) and adds some small fans to increase the airflow around the motors.

My Impressions on the Mod: First of all, if this was a mediocre improvement I would not take the time to write this post. The FFB in the wheel has been enhanced quite significantly. So much so that a high speed spin in some cars can rip the wheel out of my hands. Because of the much enhanced FFB the communication to the road is also enhanced. Sensing limits in traction and bite is a breeze. Was that bump steer? Yes it was. Great add to my cockpit. I can't imagine anyone adding this mod and saying it wasn't worth it. Looking to increase the realism? Here you go.

How it comes from ARC_Team: You can buy a complete wheel from them already modified. You can send your wheel to them, have it modified, and they will send it back to you. You can also buy a do it yourself kit if you are handy with a soldering iron and modifying a circuit board. I chose the 3rd option and it was a bit daunting. Fortunately, I had the help friends who work in the after-market auto electronics industry. My friends enjoyed the challenge but they are nerds(I mean that as a major compliment), but I was over my head. If I had it to do over again I would probably choose the 2nd option. Many of you PC builders may not be scared of this at all.

Great mod and is like having a new high end wheel. :D

I am tempted to wait but I am just going to risk it and buy the DIY kit. I have a lot of the components already needed and have priced out the others. It is definitely cheaper to go this route than have them send you all of it.

Now, I just need to find a used G25 or G27.

Upvote 0
I am tempted to wait but I am just going to risk it and buy the DIY kit. I have a lot of the components already needed and have priced out the others. It is definitely cheaper to go this route than have them send you all of it.

Blah after GT5 was announced, the prices shot up from ~ $220 for G27 and ~ $150-180 for G25 to $300 on both. And every site/store is sold out.

Upvote 0

I think they are waiting on parts atm Evan, so might not be a fast turn around :-(

Upvote 0
A build thread will be great Brian.
Perhapse we can offer a bit of an upgrade service to people who dont have the skills to DIY the upgrade...?
Then your only posting your g27 around the uk huh?
Get in touch if its of interest.

George
who has fallen in love with the iracer FW30...

Upvote 0
A build thread will be great Brian.
Perhapse we can offer a bit of an upgrade service to people who dont have the skills to DIY the upgrade...?
Then your only posting your g27 around the uk huh?
Get in touch if its of interest.

George
who has fallen in love with the iracer FW30...

Hmmm, thats a nice idea Mr P!!! It may be possible to just post the Circuit boards for mod tbh! I will PM you lol!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back