RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was fun! I didn't quite have the race pace as @sc4dr and @PurgerUK, but the 1-stop educated gamble worked out - the first stint made it just past 1 hr with ~4 litres remaining.

We should do this again...Some ideas mentioned in post-race chat were Spa, Daytona, and Ningbo.

Well we were both running with lighter fuel loads and fresher rubber so I think you would have had it regardless, you were certainly pacing me in my first stint - could have been quite close if we had all been on the same strategy.
I did do some testing and managed a 40-45 minute run before the race and my front left was flashing orange after that so went with the two stops but in the race the tire ware didn't seem as bad though may have been pushing more in the test. As I started with a 75 litre fuel load I was locked in to my decision - possibly if I had gone with a full load I might have just stayed out.

I probably wont do endurances again for a while, im not quick enough yet and so the race was fairly boring for me personally, 2 hours of driving pretty much on my own with no chance of catching anyone. Im glad I did it , but not for me right now. The extra length accentuates the skill gap differences and with a small field the pitstops just broke everything up too much imo. I totally get why some love this kind of 'race' , i prefer things a bit edge of the seat right now :)

Great=“I was dead in the end” race. Special congrats to Anic, Dan, Kenwood. And congrats to everyone who reached the finish line. :thumbsup:
It is to much to write about whole race, so I will give best and worst moments for me.

Best: after Kieth let me by, my engineer giving me “sweet pass” message:roflmao:
Worst: at start, I was late on throttle. Then in turn 1, @stevem looked like coming to complete stop so I stopped behind him, and his car disappeared. Luckily he teleported at the end of turn 1. Then after few laps I got to move on him into the hairpin, on my screen I moved to the inside and so him outside. Then on braking he wasn’t there and when I tried to turn in his car appeared on my right (still in braking zone). Have to check replay, I hope I didn’t mess up anyone’s race. :(
Funny: after lapping Kieth on start straight, I half spun in 3-4th corner. Few laps later came back behind Kieth, only to see him halfspinning in turn 4. Good we survived. :)
didn't know i was lagging that bad. explains why kornblum cut in front of me. I like the idea of 2 hour events but you should have to pit more than once.

R1.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Aquila CR1 Series
Cars: Aquila CR1 Sports GT
Track: Circuit Zandvoort - Grand Prix

Saturday 20/06/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:35 UTC (25 minutes)

Warmup: 20:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid to 10 Places

Entry List: 32 slots on the server.

Aquila CR1 Sports GT
  1. ScanScan - #6
  2. Derek44 - #4
  3. pattikins - #8
  4. Jopamir - #9
  5. Ingemar Petersson - #68
  6. Port1s - #5
  7. Rick K - #69
  8. Calvyn White - #1
  9. Steve Le Gallez - #401
  10. Antmerino - #408
  11. Sasha Jednak - #504
  12. Sean Armstrong - #3
  13. durielk - #223
  14. Stefano La Commare - #40
  15. PurgerUK - #503
  16. rustymoto - #541
  17. cagivariver - #2
  18. joecronk - #503
  19. Nabbor1 - #257
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot

Reserves
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#65

Last edited:
Information

Welcome to the Aquila CR1 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the rounds are as follows:

20/06/20 - Rounds 1 & 2: Zandvoort - Grand Prix
27/06/20 - Rounds 3 & 4: Autodrom Most - Grand Prix
04/07/20 - Rounds 5 & 6: Slovakia Ring - Grand Prix
11/07/20 - Rounds 7 & 8: Road America - Grand Prix

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) The Aquila CR1 is a free car, no purchase necessary. You only need the tracks above to participate.

2) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. You can sign up or not, as you please.

3) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish both races. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.

4) Points will be awarded for each race and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.

5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car number when you sign up. If all liveries are already taken (ie, we have 24 drivers signed up), duplicates are fine.

6) Full damage will be enabled, which includes the flat-spotting of tyres.

7) Despite the extra competition our club rules are still in effect. The Golden Rule still applies to these events.

Standings

N/A

Previous Results

N/A

Live Stream

Last edited:
Hey guys.. i was the one that was lapped 17 times and had the echo in the microphone..
It was my first try in RR ever.. somehow finished the race.. good workout. You guys are really fast (and me slow) enjoyed it very much :))) hope to participate in more events like this. RR is brilliant i must say. Thanks all
Hi Daniel, we’re glad to have new faces!(even tho I run mostly US club races). We all started where you did, and if you are determined, and motivated you too will be fighting for podiums. You sure did pick a humdinger of a first race though:p

That was fun, maybe the longest race I ever run. Definately the longest in the last 5 or so years.
Couldn't decide between the Apollo and the Ford, kept going back and forth between the 2. After I had a tyre blowout with the Ford after ~40 mins, I decided to do a 1h test stint with the Apollo. It survived and so the car and the strategy was decided.
I echo what other said here, it was a very enjoyable race, but I mainly was on my own. Lost a position after 15 minutes or so, gained a few after 40 when the first ppl started pitting. Was in the lead for like 10 meters or 15 seconds when @rustymoto and I pitted on the same lap :p
Left the pits in 5th, gained positions when ppl did their second pitstop and got passed again when they caught up with fresher tyres (I blame the tyres, not the lack of pace on my end ;))
Main goal was to keep the car on the black stuff which went surprisingly well, had one oversteer moment coming out of the last corner and outbraked myself going into the left-hander after the Schumacher-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%