RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in doubt to participate too cause of my throttle potentiometer death this week, i ordered the replace from uk and it doesn't arrive before than next week

a friend o mine gave me his t3pa and without my loadcell i am so lost, feeling is like to drive atari, all seems something worse to me and my laptimes are terrible; i forgot how horrible is a no loadcell brake:poop:

Last edited:
i was in doubt to participate too cause of my throttle potentiometer death this week, i ordered the replace from uk and it doesn't arrive before than next week

a friend o mine gave me his t3pa and without my loadcell i am so lost, feeling is terrible, all seems something worse to me and my laptimes are terrible; i forgot how terrible is a no loadcell brake:poop:
It will make a good story: "Crespi with broken car trying to score enough points for the title."
Actually no, if there is only 12 runners you get 36p in 2 races and you need only 33. :D

Much to my self-inflicted annoyance I must and have to be absent from this event.
Had some new stuff Sim racing stuff and what not, during the week. So I thought I'd make a start in putting it together yesterday. And I still am at this very moment, which means I've got no chance in hell of having anything ready. I have more chance of being struck by lightning on a hot summer's day. Anyway, things are starting to take shape, but I'll be happy when its finally put together.

Have a great final two races and importantly have fun. Good luck all. :)

Much to my self-inflicted annoyance I must and have to be absent from this event.
Had some new stuff Sim racing stuff and what not, during the week. So I thought I'd make a start in putting it together yesterday. And I still am at this very moment, which means I've got no chance in hell of having anything ready. I have more chance of being struck by lightning on a hot summer's day. Anyway, things are starting to take shape, but I'll be happy when its finally put together.

Have a great final two races and importantly have fun. Good luck all. :)
This will be me when Motedis get their act together and my rig finally arrives. I've got a cupboard full of stuff and nothing to fix it to!

a friend o mine gave me his t3pa and without my loadcell i am so lost, feeling is like to drive atari, all seems something worse to me and my laptimes are terrible; i forgot how horrible is a no loadcell brake:poop:

Can you connect both sets of pedals, and map one from each? Use the throttle from the borrowed pedals, and still use the original brake? It might be physically a bit awkward, but still less awkward then using a potentiometer brake :sick:
Or invert your pedals and use the clutch pot. as the throttle...

Thanks all for the race, was really good fun. Some brilliant racing. Sorry to Robert and Nicholas who I know I bumped at some point in both races - hopefully didn't mess up your drives. That's the challenge with racing out of position :)

Andrea - I'm really sorry, you were right! If I'd got the tape measure out there would be just enough room for you to squeeze the car through, but when you play it at full speed I definitely 'closed the door'! It felt like I was leaving enough space at the time, but definitely didn't! Apologies again. I'll learn for next time.

Just watched first laps in both races, it was "only" 10 cars, but racing was super close and super clean on lap 1 (excluding tough luck for white cars coming together in race 2).
For myself, had one close call and managed to save it and not take out @durielk (had really nice battle in race 1). :thumbsup: Except that I was mostly trying to beat @Port1s for "best of the rest". And in both races it was fantastic fight. Managing to get through on last lap in race 1, then a bit easier in race 2 as I used him losing rhythm due to being overtaken by @rustymoto.
Special thanks to @Derek44 , learning every time with setup tips you give to people.:thumbsup: One bad thing, radio was silent without @Steve Le Gallez , although someone showed nice singing capabilities together with his on track speed. :rolleyes:
Can't wait for next one, thanks @Goffik for organizing this! :thumbsup:

Just watched first laps in both races, it was "only" 10 cars, but racing was super close and super clean on lap 1 (excluding tough luck for white cars coming together in race 2).
For myself, had one close call and managed to save it and not take out @durielk (had really nice battle in race 1). :thumbsup: Except that I was mostly trying to beat @Port1s for "best of the rest". And in both races it was fantastic fight. Managing to get through on last lap in race 1, then a bit easier in race 2 as I used him losing rhythm due to being overtaken by @rustymoto.
Special thanks to @Derek44 , learning every time with setup tips you give to people.:thumbsup: One bad thing, radio was silent without @Steve Le Gallez , although someone showed nice singing capabilities together with his on track speed. :rolleyes:
Can't wait for next one, thanks @Goffik for organizing this! :thumbsup:

thank you very much, is a real honor you give me this compliments with only two months on raceroom but this is what rfactor 1 e 2 teach you (if you are a petrolhead guy with the will to learn) with their drunken , hard, crazy, nuts default setup made from a junk psychiatric dog :D

Congrats @Robert Berggren and @PurgerUK for the wins! @PurgerUK sorry for the T1 bump in race 2, I had safely gone 2-wide with @Derek44 on previous laps and I obviously misjudged my turn-in...I could blame only having a single monitor, but it was more likely me being sloppy while not wanting to give up position so easily... Door was wide-open on T3 though :laugh:.

In discussion after the race, and having a front-row seat for @Derek44 and @Port1s at T5....when does everyone consider the corner theirs or the other person's when the pass is on corner entry?

It seems to me the spectrum of opinion can vary from "whoever is on the inside, even if it's barely their front axle beside the rear axle of the car they're passing" to "whoever has the leading front axle". Obviously incidents occur when there is a difference of opinion or strategy.

In race 1 I was pacing, watching, and occasionally annoying @PurgerUK for most of the race, and while I was usually within 0.1-0.2s by the major braking zones and could pull slightly along-side, didn't want to "send it" for fear of going too deep and making contact, yet our pace was so similar that it was really the only way to make it happen.

Congrats @Robert Berggren and @PurgerUK for the wins! @PurgerUK sorry for the T1 bump in race 2, I had safely gone 2-wide with @Derek44 on previous laps and I obviously misjudged my turn-in...I could blame only having a single monitor, but it was more likely me being sloppy while not wanting to give up position so easily... Door was wide-open on T3 though :laugh:.

In discussion after the race, and having a front-row seat for @Derek44 and @Port1s at T5....when does everyone consider the corner theirs or the other person's when the pass is on corner entry?

It seems to me the spectrum of opinion can vary from "whoever is on the inside, even if it's barely their front axle beside the rear axle of the car they're passing" to "whoever has the leading front axle". Obviously incidents occur when there is a difference of opinion or strategy.

In race 1 I was pacing, watching, and occasionally annoying @PurgerUK for most of the race, and while I was usually within 0.1-0.2s by the major braking zones and could pull slightly along-side, didn't want to "send it" for fear of going too deep and making contact, yet our pace was so similar that it was really the only way to make it happen.

agree totally

Last edited:
Sorry Andrea, I didn't mean to pick on T5 as an incident, or a reason to ask the question...from my seat it seemed 50/50, so just racing. I like the idea of tough-but-fair racing, which I think we all achieve here :thumbsup: . Since I can personally 'give up' on a pass a bit too easily, I was primarily asking to gauge the thoughts of this group. In other words, I was asking: "Could I be a little more aggressive?"

This is just my brain, which could be fried from too much hotlapping... :whistling:

Sorry Andrea, I didn't mean to pick on T5 as an incident, or a reason to ask the question...from my seat it seemed 50/50, so just racing. I like the idea of tough-but-fair racing, which I think we all achieve here :thumbsup: . Since I can personally 'give up' on a pass a bit too easily, I was primarily asking to gauge the thoughts of this group. In other words, I was asking: "Could I be a little more aggressive?"

This is just my brain, which could be fried from too much hotlapping... :whistling:

I think I've certainly become a bit more aggressive as I get more confident. Still don't want to hit people, but a few races ago I used to just let the fast guys thru, where as now I want to at least make them have to overtake me :)

With Andrea's pass at T5, although I was a bit ahead, the problem was that after we both committed to the corner, as he had a tight inside line there was nothing he could have done to avoid contact, where as I could have taken a wider line, and still got a good exit. So was up to me to leave more space and avoid the accident.

All that said, I love the racing being close and competitive (and still friendly), so I'm having lots of fun on RD raceroom at the moment. Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

thank you very much, is a real honor you give me this compliments with only two months on raceroom but this is what rfactor 1 e 2 teach you (if you are a petrolhead guy with the will to learn) with their drunken , hard, crazy, nuts default setup made from a junk psychiatric dog :D
I am a type that will go with default and only change wing if needed, so discussions between races help. Last night I had wing 7 in race 1, and was losing on straight even with slipstream. Then changed to wing 5 and rear height to 7, helped a bit and I realized that this car can handle corners with even lower values. Next will probably be to practice with less tc, as that is something I never touched. :)

I am a type that will go with default and only change wing if needed, so discussions between races help. Last night I had wing 7 in race 1, and was losing on straight even with slipstream. Then changed to wing 5 and rear height to 7, helped a bit and I realized that this car can handle corners with even lower values. Next will probably be to practice with less tc, as that is something I never touched. :)
So you were running ever with tc 1?

The "standard" we tend to use on RD is if the car attempting the overtake has it's front wheels at least level with the other car's rear wheels at turn in, it has achieved overlap and earned it's space on the track. However, this is not a hard and fast rule because that can easily be achieved by "dive-bombing", something we take a very dim view of here on RD. We generally put the onus on the overtaking driver to ensure they do so without incident, but that does not give the driver being overtaken free reign to pull silly moves to prevent it happening.

The most important thing to remember is that our club events are about relaxed, friendly, clean racing for all ability levels. While racing is clearly competitive by it's very nature, people should be respecting their fellow drivers and using their own common sense to avoid contact and incidents as far as is possible. Rubbing is not racing.

I just want to add that I'm already pushing (beyond) the limit of what is "allowed" in RD clubs by running these mini-championships. If over time it results in a change of mentality and more aggressive, contact-filled racing then they will have stop.

The results for the last two rounds:

Results04.png

The "standard" we tend to use on RD is if the car attempting the overtake has it's front wheels at least level with the other car's rear wheels at turn in, it has achieved overlap and earned it's space on the track. However, this is not a hard and fast rule because that can easily be achieved by "dive-bombing", something we take a very dim view of here on RD. We generally put the onus on the overtaking driver to ensure they do so without incident, but that does not give the driver being overtaken free reign to pull silly moves to prevent it happening.

The most important thing to remember is that our club events are about relaxed, friendly, clean racing for all ability levels. While racing is clearly competitive by it's very nature, people should be respecting their fellow drivers and using their own common sense to avoid contact and incidents as far as is possible. Rubbing is not racing.

I just want to add that I'm already pushing (beyond) the limit of what is "allowed" in RD clubs by running these mini-championships. If over time it results in a change of mentality and more aggressive, contact-filled racing then they will have stop.

That's helpful to know about overtakes. I think most would agree the racing is clean and respectful on the whole. Just noobs like me still learning how to race well and where the limits are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%