RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
The default set-up is actually pretty good.
Messing with it made me 2-3/10ths of a second faster, but that's about it.
And that could've easily been due to simply getting some practice laps in.

I've never used this combo before and not sure I will have time for a little run out before the race so it could prove very interesting :redface: especially being a novice ;)

I've never used this combo before and not sure I will have time for a little run out before the race so it could prove very interesting :redface: especially being a novice ;)
You REALLY need to practice this track.
There's a few tricky corners; that double right-hander before the tunnel is particularly sadistic.
Two blind corners over a crest; too slow and you screw your speed onto the straight, too fast and you go flying. :D

Aquila CR1 - Raceroom Raceway Bridge.jpg
Track tips :
- to not spin do 2 things(concentrate on remembering this two things!!!) 1. coast the blind/crest corners,even do it will slow you down you won't spin, 2. half acc(a bit more balzy than coasting) look at your hands(or you can feel them) when they are straight only then full blast
- don't brake on the blue stuff i think it hampers the braking zone(or it's just my placebo)
- good luck:)

Setup : i find this pretty stable(for me) more stable than default under braking and when switching direction, it's a tad rear end happy but you have to be full lock in 2nd(last corner) to really get a slide out(again, that's just me)

Track guide :
Turn 1(chicane)
- brake after the yellow marker(there is a big post with red top), brake into 3ed and mount the kerbs, don't acc until car is straight.(if you overshoot brake into 2nd)
Turn 2(2nd chicane) - tap the brakes(to put the weight of the car on the front wheels)shift into 4th(yes you get to 5th even do it might not seem so)and mount the kerbs at 70% acc,
Turn 3-4 (blind crest right handers)after the chicane point the car straight and immediately brake to 2nd and yank the wheel(remember here coast or half acc) after the crest again the wheels should be straight acc into 3ed(Straight!!) tap the brakes and coast into apex of T4, ONLY ACC when you are on the kerb of exit of T4 as then the car should be straight
Turn 5-6 (double left in tunnel) - flat-out
Turn 7 (left hander downhill) - you will be in 5th start braking right at the top of the crest(so you get a little help braking) into 3ed and aim for the apex while off throttle as soon as you see the exit flat out(as wide as legally possible)
Last turn - downhill braking , uphill right hander - in 6th around 220km/h start braking heavy and straight just before the orange board into 2nd ,take a late apex so you have a smooth acc uphill

Story : like the story with the fisherman and poor man from the Bible i would like to help those ho need with being more consistent or making their own setups(as a setup is very very preferential) so i will create a thread in RR Setups with all the things you need(if you have 5min you will gain loads)

thank you :)

P.S.> remember i am no alien, what i said above applies to me and hopefully it will help some

Last edited:
- don't brake on the blue stuff i think it hampers the braking zone(or it's just my placebo)
I'm getting the same feeling.
You have to go wide for the chicanes anyway, but for the last corner it's probably better to stay on the tarmac.

Turn 3-4 (blind crest right handers)after the chicane point the car straight and immediately brake to 2nd....
2nd? Too low for my taste.
You're going downhill after both of the corners, so there's plenty of torque in 3rd gear.
Then again, you're faster than me so what do I know. :D

Last turn - downhill braking , uphill right hander - in 6th around 220km/h
I usually use the service-road on the left as my brake-marker.

As for the set-up, how on earth you get over the kerbing with rebound-dampers that high is an utter mystery to me. :cautious:
Then again, you're running softer ARBs than me, so that might be it.

I think in terms of setups and not race lap times then times are needed to gauge the strength of the setup. I don't think there's an issue when some friendly help is being offered.:)
I get your drift Kenny. So has the club rule changed regarding quoting lap times now?

I get your drift Kenny. So has the club rule changed regarding quoting lap times now?
To be honest Andy I've always been a kinda spirit over letter type of guy. While I agree that flaunting or taunting with lap times is wrong I only see someone trying to be helpful here, if I'm wrong no doubt some mod will correct me.

I'm getting the same feeling.
You have to go wide for the chicanes anyway, but for the last corner it's probably better to stay on the tarmac.

2nd? Too low for my taste.
You're going downhill after both of the corners, so there's plenty of torque in 3rd gear.
Then again, you're faster than me so what do I know. :D

I usually use the service-road on the left as my brake-marker.

As for the set-up, how on earth you get over the kerbing with rebound-dampers that high is an utter mystery to me. :cautious:
Then again, you're running softer ARBs than me, so that might be it.
to be perfectly honest don't know what ARB does or Dampers(have a vague idea)all credit is to Setup Engineer and laps(now that i have experience and i know what i want) i find pretty easy if a change is good or not..so after 2-3laps i go back and "tell" the Engineer how the car feels and what i would like it to feel,such an awesome program, if i get stuck i read the RD setup PDF to know what i want.
I go down to 2nd for that extra engine brake cause i brake past the chicane, saw some people on leaderboard that they take the chicane at low speed so they can brake for the first right hander, i am at full blast in 2nd chicane and immediately brake.
thanks

To be honest Andy I've always been a kinda spirit over letter type of guy. While I agree that flaunting or taunting with lap times is wrong I only see someone trying to be helpful here, if I'm wrong no doubt some mod will correct me.
next time i will know better(no worries) will just post the video. have one in the making for Bathurs WTCC14 and Lauzi ,and Bathurst GT3, no lap times :)

next time i will know better(no worries) will just post the video. have one in the making for Bathurs WTCC14 and Lauzi ,and Bathurst GT3, no lap times :)
See my previous post re setup laptimes they are necessary to guage the setup. I seem to remember only a few months ago we were screaming ffor someone to do setups. So I'm pretty sure it's much appreciated.

one more thing i want to point out, this cars are very very sensible to wheel to wheel action, if you touch someone or get touched in the slightest matter you will spin or half spin 100% so when racing try to leave room and if you are passing be sure it's safe or you have an enough overlap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%