RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
12465315_1708293406073041_961794650_o.jpg

good 2016, time to lose those extra kg's/pounds by doing simracing:)) (sorry for my nudity)
This was my first proper race in a very very very long time and enjoyed every bit of it:))
Didn't had time to practice allot and joined official server with 1h and something to go, starting doing laps and immediately i reminded my self how much i hate open-wheels :) you need that extra confidence for the down-force to work...
Amateur level helped me be so close to the top guys i think,as if it would have been open setup i think the gap would have been allot more than 1 sec....

Practice :
was stuck at low 24's for a while but then realized that steering rotation was 650 with 18 lock that ain't good so cranked up to 900 with 33 and felt so much better, drooped to a 23.8 in first lap,was a good feeling.
Towards the end of practice for the life of me i could't figure out how the guy's where doing 22's so hoped in race monitor and peaked at Dewald's laps :), i was under the impression if i use higher gears it's faster so specially in S2 i was in 3 corners in the wrong gear, rectified and was in 23's m yey:))
Qualy :
First laps i was no where near my PB i was over-driving every lap, so cooled down for a bit and went out again for a 3 lap stint at witch i did a 23 flat, there was a 22 somewhere but was more than happy being under 1sec from the top guy's
Race :
The start was really intense as Dewald was lagging for me and it seems i got a slightly better start, keeped the inside and left room on the right kink before 3ed corner (fast right hander in 3ed) after that i knew that Tobi will bolt out so tried first laps to stay within 2sec but again was driving beyond my talent and i soon realized and slowed down to a steady pace of mid 23's to mid 24's.
16 minutes to go Dewald was really catching me, doing some fastest laps with the top being 22.7 that was around 1 sec faster so my defense was not to try to push , wanted to not make mistakes and with 10 minutes to go wanted to see my chances in a dog fight, that came soon enough he got a really good exit from last corner and drafted me i kept inside line and braked at normal point even do that would hamper my ideal line, he tried to outbraked me on the inside of my inside and overshoot the corner going a bit on the gravel at Turn 1.After that i starting doing some 23's and maintained that pace, knew that Dewald was going to push hard to catch me again but was fairly confident that i could maintain the position until the end.
Tobi was way out of my league and congrats to him and all participants,was a really really enjoyable event for me, thank you!

Conclusion :
- man was very very hard to stay focused made some small mistakes but i am happy that i could be somewhat consistent
- 30min was a long race after such a big brake
- really dislike open wheels

Mr.C newb tip : to be fast first you need to keep it on track, if you make a lap of 26's (let's say) try to replicate that lap, allot of us(including my self) want fast improvements and that cannot be, try to make 26's again and 26's again and once you are confident and consistent you will improve without knowing, don't try to brake later or acc earlier just try to keep the same lap time.
Example : in the race ,except very few laps i was trying to get 23's always so no overdriving and looked at the end i had sector times of 22.8 without me pushing extra hard so was really happy with that.
filedetails

filedetails

filedetails

filedetails

filedetails

filedetails

Attachments

• 2016-01-02_00007.jpg
    2016-01-02_00007.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status