RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a 30 minute run against ai on amateur level and although it was a hell of a lot of fun I will admit the grip level is ridiculous no fear of spinning only the chance of running wide been able to plant the throttle so early in the corner.

I don't mind either way, it may take me a few laps in practice to not slam the throttle too early if we switch to get real, but I'll live :)

It's not ideal Kenny because this silly skill level selection. If RRE was like GSCE you could just choose to use the aids or not. Thanks for the tag any way bud, but I don't own this car any way.
Have a nice race and hopefully the lesser skilled casual racers will enjoy it. And a happy new year too.

It's not ideal Kenny because this silly skill level selection. If RRE was like GSCE you could just choose to use the aids or not. Thanks for the tag any way bud, but I don't own this car any way.
Have a nice race and hopefully the lesser skilled casual racers will enjoy it. And a happy new year too.
Yes it's a pain, but it is what it is, I'm looking at the various cars because some in get real mode allow abs and tc to be toggled, but todays was just bit of fun and to try something different.
Have a nice new years day Andy.:)

Hmmm....
Well, I've had a brief run at it, and...
The FR2s aren't fun in Amateur mode. There's absolutely no chance of spinning, no matter how badly you treat it.
Just as a test I went down the front straight, and instead of braking normally for Turn 1, I went full opposite-lock and jammed the brake to the floor.
Not only did I not spin, I didn't even slide. Just came to a gentle stop.....
Assists are all very well, but this is ridiculous.
Worst part is that I'm only 3/10ths faster in Amateur than in Get Real. :D

Now, I realize that not all of us are equally adept at driving these things, and I'm also fully aware that the Hockenheim race was a bit of a nightmare, but....
First of all, Zandvoort is a hell of a lot more forgiving a track than Hockenheim.
You don't have those quick left/right-handers, nor any tight hairpins in 1st gear.
Zandvoort has two places where you might conceivably throttle yourself into a spin, the 180 at turn 3 or 4, and the other 180 near the end.
And as long as you remember to get back on the throttle gradually instead of mashing the pedal, you're fine.
Second....This is me. :D
And while I have been accused of being many things in my life (occasionally with some truth to it), I don' think anyone has ever mistaken me for an expert driver.
Certainly not in open-wheelers. :roflmao:

So try softening the dampers by 2 clicks all around to compensate for all those bumps, then give it a whirl in Get Real mode.
Obviously, if people insist, I'll still do it in Amateur mode.
But I refuse to have fun doing so. :p
Lars, I haven't even tried these so I suppose I'd better. If there's no new members sign ups we could always change to Get Real mode before the race. As I said to Andy in a previous post wanted to test this as I've never driven anything other than GR.
But first better do some serious RD work on next weeks club events.

raceroom-raceway-262-image-full.jpg

A nice gentle start to the new year, with an all free content race.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com
Cars:
Aquila CR1
Track: RaceRoom Raceway (Bridge)

Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 18:45 GMT (35 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Kenny Paton
  2. Keith Joyce
  3. Lars Hansen
  4. motoxy
  5. Robert Lemon
  6. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  7. Loxley
  8. Magic43
  9. Voltaic
  10. Bry-ST3r
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
Audi TT.jpg

Still in holiday mood, then these should be a pleasure to help with keep that mood going. These little beauties will give some close racing around the Monza Junior Circuit. Of course with P2P enabled you'll need to push it to pass.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track.

Cars:
Audi TT
Track: Monza (Junior)

Practice: 18:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:15 GMT (30 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Kenny Paton
  2. Keith Joyce
  3. Kurupt CDN
  4. Lars Hansen
  5. motoxy
  6. Gerbuho
  7. Joao Fernandes
  8. Phil Davies
  9. Andy Jackson
  10. Piotrek Blaszczak
  11. Schwud Nelsh
  12. xnorb
  13. motoxy
  14. Beikirch
  15. Jean Fournier
  16. Piotrek Blaszczak
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
WTCC 2014.png

It's Thursday so it must be WTCC day, and guess what, it is. We're heading to the Sonoma Raceway WTCC Circuit for some double header touring car action
As promised tyre wear will be set at x3 for this event and fuel use at normal.
Well you didn't think you were going to get it easy all week, did you.:D

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Cars:
WTCC 2014
Track: Sonoma Raceway (Long)

First Race:
Practice:
18:00 GMT (45 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:45 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:00 GMT (25 minutes)

Second Race:
Qualifying 2:
19:25 GMT (10 minutes)
Race 2: 19:35 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Kenny Paton
  2. Keith Joyce
  3. Kurupt CDN
  4. Lars Hansen
  5. Zet0rius
  6. Bry-ST3r
  7. budlix
  8. Tom4sz
  9. Schwud Nelsh

10. John Almqvist
  11. Piotrek Blaszczak
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot

Last edited:
sonoma-racewayfull.jpg

It's back, Sunday night's GT3 cars are here again. After all this weeks FWD action it's time to readjust to the different handling of these beasties. Coupled with the twists of Sonoma this should be a challenging event.
Notice: Could all entrants please note, that due to the server issues we've experienced over the past few weeks with full grids we will split into two servers if there are more than 21 sign ups.
A first Qualification will be ran in practice mode and the grids will be separated evenly by times so as to encourage close racing.
Then from each server the Qualification will be ran to settle race starting position.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but better that than the problems we have had in the past few weeks Sunday races.
Anybody who requires any further explanation please PM me.

Join us

Cars:
GT3, ADAC 2013/2014
Track: Sonoma Raceway (Sprint)

Practice: 18:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:30 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 18:45 GMT (40 minutes) Mandatory Pitstop

Entry List

1. Keith Joyce
  2. Shawn Jacobs