Apps in General Options but not available in-game.

Firstly, let me apologise as I know as a newbie I'm going to get flamed for asking a question which probably comes up a lot..

I have searched this site, googled and been through steam and have tried all the solutions suggested and I have followed the various guides in YouTube but to no avail.

Basically, when adding mods to my new Assetto Corsa install, I can use all cars and tracks with no issue. However, apps such as FFB clip appear as selectable option in the general tab but in-game they are not in the UI. I have checked the location of the apps and they are in the correct python folder and the file structure is the same as the pre-loaded apps such as Chat.

I've been around the houses on this for several hours and can't see the issue so it's going to be something blindingly obvious that I've missed. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?

Firstly, let me apologise as I know as a newbie I'm going to get flamed for asking a question which probably comes up a lot..

I have searched this site, googled and been through steam and have tried all the solutions suggested and I have followed the various guides in YouTube but to no avail.

Basically, when adding mods to my new Assetto Corsa install, I can use all cars and tracks with no issue. However, apps such as FFB clip appear as selectable option in the general tab but in-game they are not in the UI. I have checked the location of the apps and they are in the correct python folder and the file structure is the same as the pre-loaded apps such as Chat.

I've been around the houses on this for several hours and can't see the issue so it's going to be something blindingly obvious that I've missed. Can anyone point me in the correct direction please?
Did you add them from the HUD menu on the right when you go to the track?

They're not appearing in the HUD menu when I select them in the general options.
You probably tried this already, but while on track and after hovering to the right to display the HUD bar, did you scroll down the HUD bar (using the mouse wheel for instance) until you can see the newly installed and enabled app? It won't show on the first "page", you need to scroll down.

Does it happen with every app you install, or is this the only one you tried? Some apps might need you to enable dev apps by changing ENABLE_DEV_APPS = 0 to ENABLE_DEV_APPS = 1 in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"

Been back through and removed all mod apps. Now just trying to load FFB clip. (SRS and standard chat and gforce apps are also present).

Deleted all the local data files (other than that in steamapps) so that's all new again. Tried deleting the python.ini file etc.

Still no luck. Getting close to just binning it now.

OK. So fresh install and adding apps and mods back in one at a time. No issues with any cars or tracks, per previous.
Have thus far loaded in SRS and FFB Clip apps with no issues and all working correctly. Suspect an app I'd loaded previously had compromised everything else but I didn't load them one by one. Less learned there.

I've also created a back up. So if an app does screw it I can go back to a known good point.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%