Apps being drawn on screen are eating away at my FPS

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by SunBro, Jul 4, 2018.

1. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    %95 all the time? Damn. My main_t with gbw and night mod installed and with 7 apps on screen is %80. And my cpu (4460) is simply way worse than yours. Does your main_t drop as soon as you hide all apps too? With no apps on screen, my main_t with gbw and night mods is like %45 on the goddamn nords.

I was actually very happy with windows up until now. No issue whatsoever. Smooth like a butter. But now that it has touched my favorite sim ever, i'm disgusted.

2. lambatti

lambatti

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't exaclty remember but I think when I turn off all the apps I have MAIN_T around 80-90% maybe. They have bigger impact on FPS tho. My MAIN_T is destroyed by Shadow Lights Mod, probably due to tyre deformation and more mirrorish mirror.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    [​IMG]

INSTALL CONTENT MANAGER AND SHADERS MOD PATCH v0.1.23-preview73 NOW. RIGHT F*****G NOW!

The changelog for the said version included "• Partially reworked fonts rendering: now, it should run faster with lots of apps (please, test; thanks to @ for the idea)" so i thought "hey, this could be interesting" and lo and behold, my issue is gone. I'm back to 150 fps baby! Oh hell to the moth******g yes!

F*** YOUR MESSED UP FONTS RENDERING WINDOWS 10!!! ILJA TO THE RESCUE

• Like Like x 1
  4. Warlord_Gonagy

Warlord_Gonagy

Ratings:
    +19
    XD. Loving all of these people complaining about 55 FPS when I'm happy if my potato of a toaster can put out 35. Gotta love WIn8.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +161
    Perhaps more of a custom shaders than Win10 problem.

6. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +290
    May i interest you in some light reading?

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +161
    Well, your original post.
    Win10 here, GBW and CM but no modded shaders and no problems with apps or font rendering in AC, only when enabling dynamic lights mod.
    Anyhow, whatever the problem was, glad you worked it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.