Appalled by multiplayer racing on public servers

Hi folks, my name is Evan and I purchased RACE 07 and STCC 2010 last week and have been playing quite aggressively these past few days.. I have a fun championship going in single player which I am enjoying, however I tried multiplayer for the first time today and I am just appalled! It's if people think this game is fast & the furious or some bizarre thing. So I think I'm putting multiplayer on the back burner for now...

That's all, see you around!

think this game is fast & the furious or some bizarre thing

Hence we have our own racing club now for the last five years to race with like minded people in a more safe environment. Public servers are a nightmare in each multiplayer racing game unfortunately. We are more than happy to show you how real online racing is done :)

Basing your feelings of online racing by going to a public server is not a great idea around here hehe. On publics you get to see all the morons and kids doing all kinds of things they shouldn't be doing. The servers here at RD definitely have a lot going for them in terms of people actually driving like they are driving a real race and not just some game that they can cut up in.

Public servers are most of the time Demolition Derbies ! Played it a while with Shift, GTR2 and Race ... all the same ... people the wrong way on track, stopped in middle of the track, pushing outside to pass and so on and so on ...

Played now for 6 races in RD Racing Clubs and this is totally another world, ... the right one !:)
Don't hesitate to try it, you'll immediately see the difference.

Evan. Join up! Forget public servers. I’ve just joined and RD’s way better than public servers. Any level are welcome, I should know. Make sure to read the rules though, most of them are common sense anyway. When I applied for my licence I selected semi pro as my driving skill.:redface:

I have witnessed many obscenities on these public servers.. Probably the most appalling is being in the middle of the pack, car in 5th (or 6th) doesn't bother to start coming into the first corner on Brand's.. Slams into the car in front of him which causes a chain reaction all the way back. In short, every car behind #4 was essentially totaled. And this was after I did about 20 hot qualifying laps to place me on #7 which I was very very satisfied about, and was looking forward to doing well in the race.

During the last 2 weeks I've tried quite a few online lobbies and have actually been surprised. In some of them they were actually booting people who offended. Yeah there were the odd moron who couldn't give a damn but they normally quit the race after the first corner. I stay at the back and wait for the wreckers to quit then do my own thing...

The most funny thing of public server racing is when racers on the starting grid type(clean race, take it easy, brake for the first corner, clean one...bla bla bla) but when the lights go out all hell breaks loose.

It is way off to how things are done around here but you can still find a decent race every now and again in the public domain.

What I find more facinating is the little amount of races going on at any given time. Well not actually races but the number of entrants in the 240 odd races listed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back