Apex Modding share BMW M6 GT3 and Bentley Continental GT3 previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW 4.jpg

Team Apex Modding in partnership with Shadowworks have revealed new preview images of the upcoming BMW M6 and Bentley Continental GT3 due to join the ever expanding Apex GT3 mod for rFactor 2.

Following confirmation back in April that Team Apex and Shadowworks will be working together sharing new 3D car models, the first fruits of that new partnership are starting to show with the latest previews shared by the prolific modding team in the quest to expand their already impressive GT3 rFactor 2 mod.

The current 0.935 version of the mod consists of cars from the Chevrolet, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Corvette, Porsche and McLaren.

Check out the rFactor 2 RaceDeparment forum for news, discussions and of course our modding section for a selection of top quality mods and downloads.

Don't forget to take a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club, we have regular top quality club racing events and a selection of professionally run racing leagues using rFactor 2 software. Take a look and try your skills against your fellow rFactor 2 players!

rF2 Bentley.jpg rF2 Bentley 2.jpg rF2 BMW 2.jpg rF2 BMW 3.jpg rF2 BMW.jpg

Have you tried the Apex GT3 mod yet? Looking forward to these new additions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
First the "look" is not everything ... second: e.g. I have the URD EGT for both sims: AC and rF2. And in a direct comparison it's easy for me to see where AC lacks a lot compared to rF2. The look is better, but the driving experience (besides dedicated server options, simulation of racing, ...) in rF2 is so much better: In AC if one looses grip FFB-wise it's instantly ... in rF2 you have a kind of progressive loosing grip feeling at your steering wheel. And I think it's because of a much advanced tyre modelling and a lot better FFB simulation in rF2.

But that's just my personal feelings.
rFactor 2's tire model is objectively and measurably much more advanced and accurate than Assetto Corsa's. It's in a totally different league.

rFactor 2 has a physical thermo-mechanical tire model, based on real tire construction from first principles, with full carcass, tread and contact patch simulation, where peak slip angles dynamically change with temperature instead of staying static. And don't forget proper flatspots resulting in mass imbalances and some more.
Such a tire model alone took more research and development effort than the whole of Assetto Corsa combined.

Assetto Corsa's tire model is even behind rF1's and at least a decade behind the state of the art.

rF2 also has fully dynamic Real-Road and wet weather / rain with dynamic drying line and day/night cycles.

rFactor 2 also has a 85 DOF physics model including gyroscopic effects that affect vehicle dynamics, and also chassis flex and even suspension compliance and it can handle very stiff suspensions without problems, unlike AC with only 14DOF with FFB gyro hack that don't affect the vehicle dynamics, and no chassis flex or suspension compliance. AC also lacks torque steering, therefore FWD cars can't be taken seriously either.

rFactor 2 is the only modding platform with modularized mod versioning and packaging system and with Steam workshop support with auto-updating of mods, and auto-downloading of mods during multiplayer, with multi-class AI that can handle any kind of car in big 100+ fields, and also allows AI during multi-player.

rFactor 2 also has an extendable plugin-based race rule system, allowing for extensive oval rules. It also has endurance features and also resume from replay savegames. The UI also has improved functionality, with the ability to compare garage setups and much more.

And this is just a minor tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
rF2 is ahead of everyone when it comes to physics. But the ingame screenshot is really bad, they should have chosen a more immersive lighting and better camera angle than that. So it's more about marketing than rF2's graphic engine.

Agree LTC Mike, comparisons are best made with running both games back to back , its when RF2 really feels better which is why most simracers use sims , feel, not visuals and especially not sound .

View attachment 142886
Team Apex Modding in partnership with Shadowworks have revealed new preview images of the upcoming BMW M6 and Bentley Continental GT3 due to join the ever expanding Apex GT3 mod for rFactor 2.

Following confirmation back in April that Team Apex and Shadowworks will be working together sharing new 3D car models, the first fruits of that new partnership are starting to show with the latest previews shared by the prolific modding team in the quest to expand their already impressive GT3 rFactor 2 mod.

The current 0.935 version of the mod consists of cars from the Chevrolet, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Corvette, Porsche and McLaren.

Check out the rFactor 2 RaceDeparment forum for news, discussions and of course our modding section for a selection of top quality mods and downloads.

Don't forget to take a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club, we have regular top quality club racing events and a selection of professionally run racing leagues using rFactor 2 software. Take a look and try your skills against your fellow rFactor 2 players!

View attachment 142887 View attachment 142890 View attachment 142888 View attachment 142889 View attachment 142891

Have you tried the Apex GT3 mod yet? Looking forward to these new additions? Let us know in the comments section below!

for those who dont yet found version0.935 here it is http://79.98.18.55/downloads/AM_FIAGT3_2012_0935.rar

Am I the only one that likes the sound of the M6 GT3? The general consensus on the internet seems to be that it sounds bad, but to me all the turbo noises are quite fun... I mean it doesn't have the brutal downshift sounds of the old Z4 but the off-throttle turbo noises are quite intense. Looking forward to this car though. xD

I don't like the sound at all. I love the car, but the sounds make it less attractive to drive. Does anyone have better modded sounds for this otherwise totally insane car?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%