Apex Modding share BMW M6 GT3 and Bentley Continental GT3 previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 BMW 4.jpg

Team Apex Modding in partnership with Shadowworks have revealed new preview images of the upcoming BMW M6 and Bentley Continental GT3 due to join the ever expanding Apex GT3 mod for rFactor 2.

Following confirmation back in April that Team Apex and Shadowworks will be working together sharing new 3D car models, the first fruits of that new partnership are starting to show with the latest previews shared by the prolific modding team in the quest to expand their already impressive GT3 rFactor 2 mod.

The current 0.935 version of the mod consists of cars from the Chevrolet, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Corvette, Porsche and McLaren.

Check out the rFactor 2 RaceDeparment forum for news, discussions and of course our modding section for a selection of top quality mods and downloads.

Don't forget to take a look at our rFactor 2 Racing Club, we have regular top quality club racing events and a selection of professionally run racing leagues using rFactor 2 software. Take a look and try your skills against your fellow rFactor 2 players!

rF2 Bentley.jpg rF2 Bentley 2.jpg rF2 BMW 2.jpg rF2 BMW 3.jpg rF2 BMW.jpg

Have you tried the Apex GT3 mod yet? Looking forward to these new additions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
As far as I know, the AGU Modding team is working on M6 GT3 for Assetto Corsa (still WIP but previews are very promising). The other M6 GT3 (by Assetto Garage) is already available but it's quite terrible, just like most of cars made by Assetto Garage.

View attachment 142886

Following confirmation back in April that Team Apex and Shadowworks will be working together sharing new 3D car models, the first fruits of that new partnership are starting to show with the latest previews shared by the prolific modding team in the quest to expand their already impressive GT3 rFactor 2 mod.

The current 0.92 version of the mod consists of cars from the Chevrolet, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, Corvette, Porsche and McLaren.

my current version = 0.935

The in game screenshots look really bad despite being a good 3D model judging by the renders. I just can't understand why someone wastes their time with rF2 when not even the developers themselves seem to care anymore about it. Hopefully we will get them on AC soon.

The in game screenshots look really bad despite being a good 3D model judging by the renders. I just can't understand why someone wastes their time with rF2 when not even the developers themselves seem to care anymore about it. Hopefully we will get them on AC soon.
Probably because there are things in rF2 that other sims don't have - looks aren't everything :)

I personally am looking forward to the M6 and Bentley release, I really enjoy the URD and Apex mods in rF2.

Am I the only one that likes the sound of the M6 GT3? The general consensus on the internet seems to be that it sounds bad, but to me all the turbo noises are quite fun... I mean it doesn't have the brutal downshift sounds of the old Z4 but the off-throttle turbo noises are quite intense. Looking forward to this car though. xD

First the "look" is not everything ... second: e.g. I have the URD EGT for both sims: AC and rF2. And in a direct comparison it's easy for me to see where AC lacks a lot compared to rF2. The look is better, but the driving experience (besides dedicated server options, simulation of racing, ...) in rF2 is so much better: In AC if one looses grip FFB-wise it's instantly ... in rF2 you have a kind of progressive loosing grip feeling at your steering wheel. And I think it's because of a much advanced tyre modelling and a lot better FFB simulation in rF2.

But that's just my personal feelings. Looking forward to these mods and there is so much current highly sophisticated content available for rF2 plus these new contents at the horizon that this keeps me using it nowadays much more than any other sim.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%