Resource icon

Cars Apex Modding FIA GT3 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Daiman Patel submitted a new resource:

Apex Modding FIA GT3 - FIA GT3 mod for rFactor 2, by Apex Modding

Following the initial release of the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3, the new version now adds the Corvette Z06 and the 799 RGT3 to the mod. Multiple liveries, from a variety of series, are included for each car. This mod is still a work in progress, but continues to be regularly updated, and has come on leaps and bounds since the initial release. The mod vastly improves upon the original that was released for rF1, and has been carefully adapted to be brought into rF2....

Read more about this resource...

Daiman Patel updated Apex Modding FIA GT3 with a new update entry:

Apex Modding FIA GT3

New version of the mod (0.89)

Marek and Michael are busy for the moment so no physics correction in this 0.89 version, just some tips at the end of this post .

Change log:

- New lods work on the 3 cars
- FOV correction in cockpit view for the 3 cars
- Driving view rework on the 3 cars; you can now use the default setup in the game
- Centred hood cam added
- New external mirror, some players complain about some fps loose
- Added some missing sounds, sound experience is different now

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 130869

David O'Reilly version: 0.88 review:
If I were to rate only the SLS it would be 4 or 5 stars, but as this mod includes the 911GT3 I have to downgrade it due to the very very poor physics of the 911. Its terrible understeer is incurable and frustrating.

I agree with David's assertion. I cannot speak for the SLS due to little knowledge of the actual car but from the driving characteristics of the vehicles, through force feedback, external car materials/car cockpit graphics, sound reproduction, and represented physics I think it sits at a 3/5 (decent) level right now, with a lot of upside.

Although the mod is available as a beta download I'll refrain from posting this as a review and instead wait - and hope for - the v1.00 to come out correcting issues. Best of luck to the team! A lump on the road is just an opportunity to overcome it and come out far stronger.

Apex Modding FIA GT3

The resource is unfortunately too big to be uploaded to RD, so as an alternative you can download it from HERE!

Change log for v0.90:

3D:
- Added 3 new cars : BMW Z4 , 458 GT3 and Camaro GT3
- BMW and Ferrari was developed by Yoss (3D and 2D)
- Camaro GT3 model is that developed by ISI (permission was granted).

Physics:
- Every car has chassis flex implemented. For the next update we hope have something more evolved...

V .90 made a huge jump in the physics of the 911 GT3. Its all I have driven yet.
Its now a nice car and like a 911. Gone from a 2/10 to a 7.5 or 8/10

New update released: + added the McLaren MP4.

http://79.98.18.55/downloads/AM_FIAGT3_2012_092.rar

New things:

cpm patch on every tyres ,slick and rain on every car

tyres temp and wear are now better ,but you need to stay clean on road and have a good setup..

mp412c gt3 added to the mod

3d,2d,and sounds = yoss
Turbo engine physics and rounds thing : Michael Borda ISI

Reworked thing

- as requested ,new filter system for select only the car of the mod , more easy :
one general filter named AMGT3

and one specific filter if you want choose one one car of the mod for challenge cup :
AMGT3_BMWZ4_GT3
AMGT3_799R_GT3
AMGT3_854GT3
AMGT3_Camaro
AMGT3_MP412C
AMGT3_SLSAMG
AMGT3_Z06RGT3

- updated z4 physics for correct the aleatory game ctd with this car
- new gear box on the 854
- less oversteer on the 799
- every car receveid new from scratch chassis flex file made with the ISI tool
- every car have a new damage file , based on camaro gt3 isi file
- updated cockpit rendering ,external and internal window with the new tone mapper isi

Debug

- zbuffler problem on the sls and z4 on nordcheiffe and silverstone resolved (thanks tosch for the help)
- continious work on stop problem some car suffer because ISI put invisble easter egg everywhere (i m joking) thanks Freddy3792 and Gijs van Elderen for the help
- banner problem on the 799 resolved

Apex Modding FIA GT3

Change log for v0.92:

CPM patch on slick and rain tyres for all cars
- Tyre temperature and wear are now better, but you need to stay clean on road and have a good setup.

MP4-12C GT3 added to the mod
- 3D, 2D, and sounds by yoss
- Turbo engine physics and "round thing" by Michael Borda (ISI)

Reworked aspects
- As requested, new filter system to select only the car of the mod;
one general filter named AMGT3, and specific filters if you want choose one one car of the mod for...

Apex Modding FIA GT3

UPDATED AND CORRECTED VERSION

Change log for v0.92:

CPM patch on slick and rain tyres for all cars
- Tyre temperature and wear are now better, but you need to stay clean on road and have a good setup.

MP4-12C GT3 added to the mod
- 3D, 2D, and sounds by yoss
- Turbo engine physics and "round thing" by Michael Borda (ISI)

Reworked aspects
- As requested, new filter system to select only the car of the mod;
one general filter named AMGT3, and specific filters if you want...

Where do i install the rfcmp files ? new to RF2.
You need to use the Package Manager. When you load the rF2 launcher, click on the *box* icon and change the path (at the bottom of the launcher screen) to point to the directory where you store your RFCMP files. All of the mods in this directory will appear in the window, and you can select the ones you wish to install. Hope that helps mate! :)

I am new to rfactor2 and I am trying in vain to install this mod. Can you please explain in a little more detail how I do this please? Where should I make the directory for the RFCMP files? Also can you supply a download link for the "Package Manager"? I cannot locate it.. Many thanks in advance.

Forgive me if this has already been asked but is there a readme file available? ie pointing out which mixture settings do what? lean/race/power, faster/slower settings, ideal tyre/oil/brake temps?
Thanks in advance :)

Admittedly still somewhat green with this science, this is the best starting point I can think of...... I THINK this issue on my system is originating with this mod. The tail light glares, I presume, are showing as opaque rectangles. I can't track down (pun intended) if it's actually a track or not. I quite like the McLaren MP4-12C, and driving it and other cars in the AM-FIA GT3 group show this symptom. They're extremely bright, white, opaque rectangles with a few gradated fade rectangles around.
I'm on Win7 x64 Ultimate, using NVidia GeForce GTX 970.
Thanks in advance....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing