Apex Modding Ferrari 288 GTO

Cars Apex Modding Ferrari 288 GTO 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Richard Wilks submitted a new resource:

Apex Modding Ferrari 288 GTO - The iconic Ferrari super makes it's way to AMS with completely revamped physics

That's right, joining forces with the Apex modding team, we bring this iconic car and rfactor mod to 2019 reality and into AMS.

Completely revamped physics, all based on real car data, and total integration with all the goodies of AMS take realism and immersion to new heights.

View attachment 298408

Read more about this resource...

Fun car to drive at Johannesburg historic & the FFB feels pretty good. However i am getting a strange issue where it hijacked my Formula Classic Series icon. So i can't use them with this installed.

Engine sound is glorious and it sounds like proper turbo modelling has been implemented--wonderful.

The tire scrub and skid sounds and the under-tray scrape sounds need a lot of work, though. I would substitute some nice ones if new ones are not possible.

I also have some graphical issues with grass and painted lines flickering when I use these cars.

Handing seems plausible, but were the brakes really that bad? I know it's an older car...

Hey,

Physics wise the car seems okay, I have not built a 288 model so I cannot really comment on any mechanical aspects. I trust that they are reasonable.

However I feel there could be a change done to the tires, specifically the load curves.

It seems that the dropoff in the Stradale's road tires is quite aggressive. Typically longitudinal side has much less dropoff than lateral. I made some modifications based on your original lateral mu value and the spec of the tire.

I suggest trying these:

FRONT:
DryLatLong=(1.297,1.23215)
LoadSensLat=( -5.40E-5 , 0.62 , 12000 )
LoadSensLong=( -2.57E-5 , 0.81 , 12000 )

REAR:
DryLatLong=(1.297,1.23215)
LoadSensLat=( -4.76E-5 , 0.62 , 12000 )
LoadSensLong=( -2.26E-5 , 0.81 , 12000 )

I feel that there are other things as well that could be done to push the model more, but I think this is a worthy change. I'm reluctant to comment on much else specifics as I've been away from gMotor for about a decade soon and I might be misunderstanding the parameters. I think this is about correctly implemented though.

I can't comment on the Corsa's tires, apart from that a slick tire likely would have somewhat less load sensitivity, due to overall "more tire" being available.

Apologies for modifying the car even if the files request that it is not done, and apologies for critiquing a relatively old release in case this has already been changed internally. I hope you don't mind.

EDIT:

Oops, noticed I forgot to change the 2nd parameter in the fronts. Correction:

LoadSensLat=( -5.40E-5 , 0.5869 , 12000 )
LoadSensLong=( -2.57E-5 , 0.7935 , 12000 )

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back