rF2 Apex GT3 @ Adelaide - Friday 24 May 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
What a race!

Qualified P2. After 2 laps in the race it was clear that @Pauli Ahonen was the faster guy. Managed to stay 5 seconds in front of P3. Then P1 crashed and all of a sudden I was in P1. Kept a lead of about 5 seconds to the guys behind for the next 30 laps.

In the end my tires were completely shot, did a small lockup and lost some time behind traffic (yellow/white 650s didn't care for the blue flag) and all of a sudden, at the start of the 2nd to last lap Pauli Ahonen was right behind me. Had a couple of crazy stressy minutes but I managed to defend well and keep him behind me and won! First online race win for me so I was stoked!

Thanks all, great track and great lineup.

@everyone: what tires did you use? I went for the mediums and ended the race with about 60% thread which meant I was 1,5 sec slower at the end than in the first few laps. I guess I'll have to work on my tire wear. So in general for 50 min races in GT3 nobody changes tires?

Congrats to P2 and P3! Looking at my deltas I think they battled for at least 20 laps when they were 3-4 seconds behind me. That must have been pretty intense too.

@everyone: what tires did you use? I went for the mediums and ended the race with about 60% thread which meant I was 1,5 sec slower at the end than in the first few laps. I guess I'll have to work on my tire wear. So in general for 50 min races in GT3 nobody changes tires?

I used the soft tires - wich was a bad decision. In Round 18 i had on the left front tire less then 45%. And i had to make a stop. Stupidly i did not have configured the pitmenu buttons, so i had to drive my second stint on softs too with the same result. in the last rounds i just slided... Start P5 - Finish P7 with a tire change stop. So what. The feeling between the walls with this cars is pretty cool...

My initial plan was to start with the mediums and swap to softs at lap 25. But the top guys didn't pit so I did the same, with success.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%