Apartment sized sim rig

Hi all,
First time caller, long time listener.

I’ve been gearing up to build an actual rig for a while now. I have all the components I want Heusinkveld Sprints and a Fanatec DD1 on the way. My biggest outstanding purchase is the rig. I’ve been looking at a GT-1 Evo but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions. I’ve also been eagerly awaiting Sim-Labs Formula rig but not sure how long that will take. And I’m not against building my own I’ve just been struggling finding good plans as a starting point.

I live in a small sized apartment in NYC and could comfortable fit up to around a P1-x sized rig. Ideally I’d be spending around 1K but have a max of 1500.

I really appreciate the advice.

Wow, initially I was reading "simrig the size of an appartment". :roflmao: Anyway...

Not sure my advice is helping you, but my brother bought a Rseat S1, because he wanted the nice white powder-coated rig to blend into his living room. He did a good job there, it does blend in well. The monitor stand is kind of bulky though. BUT I would go crazy with the amount of flex he sees with his DD1.

I bought a P1-X some months later for our living room and he was concerned to have that black, industrial looking thing there (wifey was oblivous thank god). In the end he saw the finished rig and noticed, that the footprint is smaller than his Rseat and the P1-X kind of holds up well in black. Plus I got ZERO flex under SC2Pro loading. Ok, just 10-11Nm of torque, but his DD1 doesn't output much more with his settings as well.

My vote goes for 80/20 aluminium profile. Build your own or buy one from Simlabs or similar. Just go for a sturdy one. Initially I wanted to go GT1 evo, but decided to go for the tank. I do not regret that choice.
Wifey kind of approves as well...I think.... :cool:

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feedback, I ended up going with the P1-X. Once my wife kicks me out there will be plenty of room on the street for me and my rig. But on a serious note it should fit ok with some rearrangement of the furniture.
The formula seat and pedal deck will also work with p1x btw so if you ever want them you can always just buy it

Upvote 0
For those who are looking for a very compact and stable rig ...
i bought it too. but for the base mounting i used the SimLab mount for the Fanatec podium.

7B274E53-6CE7-4380-A225-BED7FAF1EEEF.jpeg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back