WIP Aotearoa Raceway Park

After dabbling in BTB years ago, I've decided to jump in again and try to create a finished, presentable circuit of my own design. Well, not entirely my own design - nature has helped me with this one.

Aotearoa Raceway Park will be my "learning" project, to help me figure out how BTB works beyond basic track creation and hopefully get competent with the program. I will post my progress here when I can, and I hope you enjoy!

---------

I have based the circuit layout around the coastline(s) of New Zealand. The main reason for this being that I reckon it lends itself to some great corners, and also the fact that NZ is very close to my heart, with a lot of my family coming from there.

My intention with this design was to create a motorsports complex that is caught between two eras, so to speak. I want to evoke the imagery of a facility that has seen many races and has been around for a long time, but is sort of stuck halfway towards the future.
The North Island course is going to be reminiscent of the typical modern Grand Prix venue, with some liberties taken as to safety and such. So there will be tarmac runoff areas, flat kerbs, sausage anti-cuts and the like, with a modern pit building - but hopefully not to the point that it seems sterile and boring. It still has shades of the old-style, dangerous circuit it may once have been... think of TT Circuit Assen for a reference.
On the other side of the scale (and venue!) the South Island course is planned to be very old-school. Partially inspired by the Nurburgring Nordschleife, with an Ersatz-Karrusell corner, big kerbs, and elevation changes aplenty - made to evoke the real life South Island's mountainous terrain. It's twisty and treacherous, more of a driver's circuit than one which lends itself to good racing. It will have less flashy facilities that seem to be in a slight state of disrepair. There are traces of misguided attempts to increase the safety of the track - (optional) slow chicanes and patchy tarmac.

Both courses can be run separately, or combined to create an endurance mega-circuit. A sort of Nurburgring-24hr setup. We'll see how it works out.

Watch this space...

qmMya6M.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline