I recently upgraded from my old 3770k to the 3700x. Specs:

Aorus Eliite X570
Ryzen 3700x
16gb Corsair RGB Pro 3600
Gigabyte 2080
Kraken X62
SSDs and HD

The USB items I am having serious issues with are:
Logitech G910 which just keeps going dead during a race. No key presses registered after a while in sim. Escape doesnt work so cant get off the track quickly in event of a spin mid race.
Kraken X62 is also acting funny with unusual readings in CAM but that could just be cam,. Issue with this is mainly that CPU temp is reported incorrectly (higher) and then it will also go unresponsive and fans will stick at some rpm or other.
Headset G930 getting a fair bit of hiccuping and a little stutter. When I get the stutter i know that means keyboard has just gone dead.
Im also getting a lot of frame skipping in AC.

PBO seems to be enabled by default in BIOS. 3700x is boosting all the time but going up and down which I dont like.

The things I have tried to sort out the USB issues (all items connected to USB 2 ports) is disable power management in Device Manager. I have also installed the AMD chipset drivers and disabled USB suspension setting. I've tried several different logitech drivers (currently using newest for LGS).

All these usb devices (except Kraken which was part of upgrade) worked perfectly before the upgrade. There is talk online about X570 boards having usb problems like mine but no solution as far as I could see.

Any help from the tech guys on here that have encountered this issue would be very gratefully received.

Thanks
George.

Hi George

I'm using a much older Intel platform but I did experience a USB issue somewhat similar to yours.

What I had to do was work out which USB ports were connected to (in my case, 3) MB USB controllers and split up the load between them in order sure I wasn't loading a single controller with a ton of peripherals. I couldn't find this info on the manufacturers site but did find it on the MB makers forum.

This link to my old post won't help you directly but the image will give you an idea on what I'm referring to: USB port Layout

If you could find out how your MB is configured USB wise, you might be able to experiment with moving things in and out of the different ports to split the load.

This is only an assumption but looking at the layout:

msCFothyyd5V3RGYK7u4YA-970-80.jpg

The four USB 2.0 are probably on one controller.
The four USB 3.0 on a second controller.
The two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports are on a third.

You said you are using only the USB 2 ports which means everything you have is loading a single controller. If you could try spitting off some of that load and passing it onto the other 2 controllers you might see a change to the behaviour.

I have Aorus Pro Wifi , 3900X, Kraken X62 and RTX2080

Kraken software is not great but they cool well

Once you run Ryzen Master you should see temps stabilize in all readouts

Have you enabled AMD Ryzen Balanced Performance in Power Plan ?

I have no issue with USB I can think of

I do have BT 4.40 headphones that drop out and in if I am downloading at max bandwidth.
If I limit download to 1500kb/s I don't get the problem
Looks like my only fix is use Lan instead

P.S. With Ryzen 3 CPU you will get sudden spikes in voltage and temp but nothing to worry about

Latest Chipset
The chipset adds a power plan for AMD Ryzen to use
Then cores will sleep properly and not raise voltage or spike anywhere near as much
There was a earlier chipset had AMD Ryzen Performance power profile
so they must of removed it for latest driver as I don't see it now

Don't use motherboard chipset use from AMD site and Ryzen Master and latest version of CAM
is better

Open Ryzen Master and run CPU-Z bench see how high temp gets
is just a quick way of knowing if you ballpark

As i said I have same cooler but atm we have freakish hot March day 37C so my readings won't help booting gaming tower ( on 3200G everyday tower )

Yeah it was a fresh install. I might reinstall due to all the messing around that I've done due to usb problem.
So what do people use Ryzen master for ?

I tried moving some USB 2.0 devices onto the 3.0 controller and the issues persisted. I note from your thread I think anymore than 2 devices was a no go.
I think I will unplug it all and just plug in keyboard by itself to see if it works correctly that way.

It's ridiculous to have to mess about like this though. Really is a joke

I tried moving some USB 2.0 devices onto the 3.0 controller and the issues persisted. I note from your thread I think anymore than 2 devices was a no go.
I think I will unplug it all and just plug in keyboard by itself to see if it works correctly that way.

It's ridiculous to have to mess about like this though. Really is a joke

I feel your pain. It took me many weeks of messing around to get my issue fixed. I would swap stuff around and have a few days trouble free, only for the problem to happen again!

In your case we don't even know if it actually is a USB issue to be honest but it's probably worth persisting with just in case you can solve it. Good luck mate :)

I forgot to ask, are you using any USB hubs in addition to the MB?

No no hubs Paul. But I read a post that suggested that might be a way of fixing it. Have one ready to go in the box but not tried yet.
The OCD in me has me annoyed that I have messed around so much with power settings etc and feel.like I need to reinstall W10. Fresh install only 2 weeks old.

No no hubs Paul. But I read a post that suggested that might be a way of fixing it. Have one ready to go in the box but not tried yet.
The OCD in me has me annoyed that I have messed around so much with power settings etc and feel.like I need to reinstall W10. Fresh install only 2 weeks old.

Putting some peripherals onto a good quality, powered hub with it's own usb controllers could be well worth a try.

I'm quite ocd over having a clean install that hasn't has stuff moved around, installed and uninstalled etc so I get where you're coming from. With where you are now, it's a good opportunity to try and swap stuff around and if/once you solve it, you'll know where everything has to go and you can go for a nice fresh install at that point.

On hubs I have one of if not most expensive ( Orico 15 port )

It has become one of my all time favourite purchases, I mucked around with cheap powered hubs and always ended up throwing them , always have some issue

This hub controls power level and sleep on individual ports ( something a PC does not do )

The best thing I like these days is running 2 towers off it, when I swap PC it's a single lead to change

Not saying that will correct issue mind you

Personally speaking so you don't need to go online

Download:

VBasic 2010 - 2019 ( AMD uses 2015-2019 pack ) this will install all latest in a click

If you don't need all of them you can make custom edit batch file remove the ones you don't need
Now you should not get any VBasic overwrite or 2 versions of some

Latest Malicious Software Removal tool and run a quick scan
W10 updates ( 3 )
AMD Chipset
AMD Ryzen Master
BT, LAN and WIFI drivers from Gigabyte site run in silent mode just click on file and wait you get tiny window in middle of screen
Audio from Gigabyte ( I use USB 7.1 gaming headphones and BT4.40) so no use I leave disabled in bios
Direct X
Nvidia driver I recommend the cleaned "RTX" driver with USB even if you don't use it
DON'T get the first driver in list that is GTX ....scroll down to "RTX" cleaned

do all that much in the same order and do all reboots asked then all your other drivers wheel, phones, K/B etc

Only then go online go straight to windows updates and run
you will get 1 anti-malware 1 virus def.

Smooth sailing

P.S. before online I strip W10 functions to the bare minimal and make sure in W10 setup menu you select no, decline and untick those 7 headings
After W10 updates and once online I untick everything in w10 features except Netframe and Browser ( if you delete that you will get blank steam icons in any saved start menu
Privacy i block everything
Then turn off services no use
Then double check all W10 settings windows scroll all you find other stuff to turn off

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back