anyway to import existing tracks in 3ds max?

B

_brawler_

• _brawler_

i know about the btb gmt importer, but other tracks like isi tracks or tracks from rfcentral are .gbd or scn i believe..there is no .mas or gmat?

anyway to do this other than using 3dsimed which i dont really wanna buy since my trial is up...i have 3dsmax 6,7,8,9

it is a great way to using objects from other tracks or venues.

thank you!

• Andrew Evans

yep... there's an add-in script to import gmotor stuff into 3ds... has to be rF format... takes ages.... generally messes up the materials.. only works on 3ds 6 & 7 (maybe 8) - whichever versions the export tools work with.... but it's the only option you have....

can't link you up... but google should sort you right out....

• Andrew Evans

wooooooo! much appreciated mate....

i'm not even going to confess to how many materials i've corrected by hand thanks to my dodgy version.... :faint:

• _brawler_

hey thanks for the replies guys!

im not sure maybe i messed up the question, i want to be able to import tracks from isi and rfactorcentral, there are no .mas or gmat files for these tracks.

for example

Montreal for rfactor, the locations folder i have

Montreal.gpd
Montreal.scn

and the others are aiw and cam files

there are no gmotor materials in these like btb exports too?

any ideas, and thanks again for the responses guys!

• _brawler_

thank you so much man thats exactly what it was, they were disguised...how did you know to look there? lol :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thanks again guys for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Windows show me the file extensions, so things like .txt and .exe get shown. Strangely though, the .mas extension is still hidden, but since I could see the others, it was just a process of elimination.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%