FM6 Anyone want to get a touring car championship series

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Martyn Corcoran

Oulton Park 2015 for the BTCC
Hi all want to know if anyone has made a touring car championship series, if not does anyone want to help me create and host a series with myself. If so please dont hesitate in contacting me.

I'd be interested in a series, but not really touring car. I don't think the physics translate very well in slow cars, even though they have improved slightly in each release. I'd play to its strengths, like including two superspeedways, and tracks like Road Atlanta and Lime Rock, that you can't find anywhere else. Also, maybe a new car for every track, but stay with the same type, like tin tops or Supercars.

Ovals. The strongest racing type in the game is from the old ALMS series, which was wonderful, but they didn't race ovals. So, you need to either create a fantasy series, or one that can be unique. There are not many series' out there that run ovals and road courses. NASCAR and IndyCar are the only ones that come to mind. Is there a series like that in Europe? I can't think of one off hand. BUt yea, I love the Aussie V8s, even though they are one of the more poorly programmed cars in terms of feel. Heck, maybe a street car would do for a fantasy series, or even a "stock car" that actually drives like one.

How about this we get a race series with the new Renault Clio RS and the new Ford Feista ST head to head and see which one is the best. What do you think. You think of anything.

I've been doing this kind of thing (leagues, both running and playing) for five years, but it's been a while since I've done Forza. It's just not on par with F1 or pCARS. However, I think if we play to its strengths (e.g. cars, paints, unique tracks, rock solid multiplayer) then it may work. As you can see, historically it has not worked here. That's because most people know better. lol. But I think having a worry-free multiplayer experience (no party chat!) with cars specs that are fairly open, not closed, and different tracks, including ovals, would work. Otherwise, it's not going to sway folks from pCARS, including me.

Here is the way I'd go:
Class Races: pick 5 cars in classes "A" and up and make them unlimited since the PI limits everyone anyway (God that's an idiotic system, but FM people are used to it). We could even run an "iconic" race series that would include Daytona, Sebring, LeMans, Monza, and Indy.
Ovals, Street Circuits, and Road Courses: have at least two of each.
Time: Either Wednesday at 10pm BST or on the weekend.

Ovals. The strongest racing type in the game is from the old ALMS series, which was wonderful, but they didn't race ovals. So, you need to either create a fantasy series, or one that can be unique. There are not many series' out there that run ovals and road courses. NASCAR and IndyCar are the only ones that come to mind. Is there a series like that in Europe? I can't think of one off hand. BUt yea, I love the Aussie V8s, even though they are one of the more poorly programmed cars in terms of feel. Heck, maybe a street car would do for a fantasy series, or even a "stock car" that actually drives like one.

Can we please try the touring car series as its nèw and are probably working on improving the quality of the cars. If not i wont bother with. I dont mean it in a hash way i love nascar but im in to touring car racing more.

Can we please try the touring car series as its nèw and are probably working on improving the quality of the cars. If not i wont bother with. I dont mean it in a hash way i love nascar but im in to touring car racing more.

That's the problem. Too many cars for too many preferences. Forza is really not worth racing with the flawed physics unless you get into the race prepared cars. Even then it's controller biased. That's' why letting people pick their own cars would maybe get some in. Otherwise, it will be just you. Or me. The touring cars are fine with me, but they tend to be a spec series in a car rich wonderland. That's really the strong point of the game, IMO. But I realize we all have different preferences.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%