Anyone using Alexa or similar smart plugs scokets with their Sim Rig

I have been using smart sockets and Alexa for a good while now.

I find it to really handy, as the majority of my plugs are inaccessible.

I started off with just a fan, and now I have numerous items that's can be controlled by voice, and It's pretty awesome.

My 4 bass shaker amps and phone / tablet chargers are all on one plug controlling a power brick, I can often be heard shouting Alexa "shake it off " when I am no longer in need of them.

I now have three fans on the rig all controlled by Alexa, my PSU for my DD2 is also on one as is my new Monitor and PC, allowing me to kill the power when I still need other stuff on the same circuits.

I have a LED light strip "Alexa strip off" :p and a LED bulb great for changing the mood in the room

My powered USB hub also on one, so I do have this bright LEDs when I'm trying to sleep, also my rev counter as I don't always need it.

I have found them really useful and was wondering if I'm a bit of a soloist ?

Just interested.

I have my Thrustmaster wheel base on one… I got fed up of sitting in the rig, then realising that I had forgot to switch the wheel on at the mains… get back up again..,

but not now ‘Alexa wheel on!’ boom wheel comes to life from the comfort of my rig seat, ‘Alexa wheel off’ and the light goes out till needed next time :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years