Anyone Using A "Windows Mixed Reality" Headset for VR in RaceRoom?

I just got a Lenovo Explorer (Headset only, no controllers) today and am dipping my toes into the world of VR.

I got AC and PC2 working with the headset, in Steam VR, but RaceRoom has been a problem. Hard to describe, but basically while the menu screen displays at full-width and height in VR, the area that my mouse can access is smaller than full screen. (ie - the mouse can't reach even close to the edges of the screen, so there are menu items that I can't click on.)

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

EDIT: Just thought of something - I'm running RRE3 at a higher screen res than what's native for my monitor. I think that may have something to do with this, but I'll wait until tomorrow to check since I'm already a bit queasy from the VR in AC. :O_o:

In the meantime does anyone have any thoughts about this? Any tips for squeezing out a bit more image sharpness in the Lenovo Explorer, as it's a bit blurry right now?

Thanks!

I have a WMR headset as well. When running Steam vr, there is a little box thst has a mask icon that is green when it is working. If you click the dropdown triangle you can set video options to increase vr resolution in the headset. It works but is tasking on video cards.

EDIT: Just thought of something - I'm running RRE3 at a higher screen res than what's native for my monitor. I think that may have something to do with this, but I'll wait until tomorrow to check since I'm already a bit queasy from the VR in AC. :O_o:

In the meantime does anyone have any thoughts about this? Any tips for squeezing out a bit more image sharpness in the Lenovo Explorer, as it's a bit blurry right now?

Thanks!

Back at it again this morning with no luck.

I even tried running RRE3 in single screen (non-VR) and I now have the same problem. RRE3 is running at my screen's native resolution of 2560x1080 when I want to run it at 3620x1527 as it was before experimenting with VR. At 2560x1080 I lose the edges of the display in RRE3 and can't click on anything near the edges, so I can't access the video screen resolution settings in-game.

I need to change RRE3's screen resolution back to 3620x1527 but from somewhere not within the sim. I managed to do it beforer (months ago), but can't remember how. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

You can do it with steam launch options.
  1. Open Steam
  2. Go to the "Library"
  3. Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
  4. Select "Properties" from the menu
  5. Click the "Set launch options..." button
  6. Remove any launch options currently shown.
  7. Type -w #
Use the -w # switch (where " # " is a number from the list below) to specify the display resolution:
  • 640 (640x480) GoldSource Only
  • 720 (720x576)
  • 800 (800x600)
  • 1024 (1024x768)
  • 1152 (1152x864)
  • 1280 (1280x1024)
  • 1600 (1600x1200)
As this is just temporary to adjust your resolution in game to whatever you prefer, you must not forget to delete the launch option the next time you play the game!

Hope this helps!

You can do it with steam launch options.
  1. Open Steam
  2. Go to the "Library"
  3. Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
  4. Select "Properties" from the menu
  5. Click the "Set launch options..." button
  6. Remove any launch options currently shown.
  7. Type -w #
Use the -w # switch (where " # " is a number from the list below) to specify the display resolution:
  • 640 (640x480) GoldSource Only
  • 720 (720x576)
  • 800 (800x600)
  • 1024 (1024x768)
  • 1152 (1152x864)
  • 1280 (1280x1024)
  • 1600 (1600x1200)
As this is just temporary to adjust your resolution in game to whatever you prefer, you must not forget to delete the launch option the next time you play the game!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response, but that either doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

Since I want a resolution of 3620x1527, I typed "-w 3620" (with a space but no quotes), then I tried "-w3620" (no space and no quotes). Neither made any difference. Was that what you meant for me to do?

Thanks.

Thanks for the response, but that either doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

Since I want a resolution of 3620x1527, I typed "-w 3620" (with a space but no quotes), then I tried "-w3620" (no space and no quotes). Neither made any difference. Was that what you meant for me to do?

Thanks.

It was meant to fix your situation for now. If you put in a lower resolution you can try new settings in game. My idea was to lower your resolution so you can reach everything in menu and try to get your ideal resolution in game. Did you try any of the suggested resolutions?

Let us know your results.

It was meant to fix your situation for now. If you put in a lower resolution you can try new settings in game. My idea was to lower your resolution so you can reach everything in menu and try to get your ideal resolution in game. Did you try any of the suggested resolutions?

Let us know your results.
Thanks, I ended up having to lower RR3's resolution to match my Desktop's. Now all is well and I've even gotten it to recognize my Lenovo Explorer Headset so I can race in VR!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
@newbert which is your graphic card? in case it's a gtx 1060, could you please share your graphic settings? My lenovo will be delivered tomorrow :D

Yes, that's my video card - the 3 GB version.

Not sure exactly where to look for the graphics settings you're interested in - but I find that the Lenovo headset gives me the least headaches when I set Windows run to in my monitor's native resolution. In my case, that's 2560x1080.

If you're interested in different or more info, please be more specific and I'll do my best to help.

Good Luck with your Lenovo!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years