Anyone used this...

...this patcher from this thread here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lod-bias-clamp-for-addon-tracks.92088/

Seems to enable LOD BIAS CLAMP for the ISI Motor which should help with some shimmering maybe - I'll be honest I don't know whether the current nvidia clamp works or not. Before I go and do it just wondering whether anyone else has done it and was it worthwhile to do so or did it break something. If no one replies I'll reply back with my experience or woes of it.

Haven't tried that. I've been pretty satisfied with nvidia settings and HQ Anni Patch. I do some clamping through nvidia profiles. @The Iron Wolf are you fixing anything for this in the CC plugin? @GTR233 what do you recommend?

My nvidia profile settings:

Haven't tried that. I've been pretty satisfied with nvidia settings and HQ Anni Patch. I do some clamping through nvidia profiles. @The Iron Wolf are you fixing anything for this in the CC plugin? @GTR233 what do you recommend?

Apparently (but I may of misunderstood) the clamping doesn't work with the ISI engine and nvidia cards hence why this patcher used to be used for rfactor/gtr2 sims'. I'm really satisfied with the graphics (HQ and non HQ stuff) - shimmering silver barriers and white lines is what I'm specifically trying to deal with more so in VR but even on triples where I do most of my racing. Higher SSGGAA of course deals with it but the FPS hit is quite large indeed so I'm curious about the patcher unless someone says it's known to break something.

Edit: @Shovas - I haven't tried this with setting "Texture filtering – LOD Bias (DX): -1.0000" from your blog nor have I set texture filtering to high either. Will try it... *great blog btw*

Last edited:

Z-fighting is completely fixed by my Plugin already. I think author refers to horrible grid lines on nVidia . That can be fixed via DX9 SGSSAA or DXVK sample shading, but those are very FPS costly. Unfortunately, as far as I know nVidia removed clamp from hardware, so the only way to get rid of shimmer without SGSSAA is using AMD card - but it has been 6 years since owned one, so might not be true.

Now, getting rid of SGSSAA on nVidia would be a nice fix, but at the moment, I do not understand what causes the problem and how to fix it. I suspect it has to do with transparency used to render grid lines/fences, but why it looks so bad with gMotor 2.0 and why, for example rF2 is not affected (gMotor 2.5), I don't know. Maybe, some game/graphics dev is reading this and willing to help - let me know. Also I have to be honest - this problem is kind of low priority, because it can be fixed by buying faster GPU (unlike some problems that money cannot solve, like cars in a pile killing FPS/CPU).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years