Anyone Use the Logitech G920 / G29 Wheel?

Trying to work out what FF wheel to buy for AC without breaking the bank to use with my PC, I have read a few good reviews on the G920 / G29, are they a good wheel or is there something better for around that price? Or should I buy something gently used? Any advice appreciated.

If you can find them on sale then they are worth buying, I paid £129 for my G29 which is the only reason i brought the G29, There are better wheels out there for sure. My only issue is the limited travel on the break, i do wish the break peddle moved about 10% more than it does and the stopper they use in it had a little more flex but thats all personal preference. No included shifter which is a shame

If i had to pay full price for the wheel i would give it a 6 out of 10 but for that reason only but as a starter/ first ffb wheel its not to bad if you can get it cheap enough and it is over priced at its normal selling price.

Ive had mine a few weeks now and ive been pretty happy with it :)

I have the G29 and I have to say I love it! I also got the H-shifter and GT Omega Pro stand.
I also got my bundle with discount, but tbh I really didn't save a lot.

Perhaps the only thing I'd change is the noise in situations like crashing etc, when the steering is going mental with it all it's noisy...but I guess it adds to the sensation in a way too.

It has very strong motors which is great as when I am desperately fighting the wheel it doesn't 'give in'.
It's also incredibly precise!

Overall I'd recommend it.

I will just post a few links to other threads here that may be very helpful for you :)
A few little words from my self: The G27 and G29 (G920 seems to be slightly better) have a BIG FAT DEAD CENTER. So when you go on track with standard settings you won't have any forces when going straight!
The different sims have different settings that work well but it's always a problem... So if you don't mind to play with settings they are good wheels. Seem to have less quality problems than Thrustmaster or Fanatec. But also poorer FFB.
I drive a real car everyday and I think the people who don't complain about the Logitech deadzone just don't know how a real car feels...
I spend many many hours until I got my G27 feeling nice in every sim so it is possible! But time consuming...

In the end the "beginner" wheels are either Logitech or Thrustmaster. Which is a matter of leather, good pedals, deadzone problem vs. bad pedals, quality problems, FFB from another world

If you have the money go for a T300/T500 with the T3PA Pro pedals.
That's the cheapest "ah yeah that feels so awesome I'm gonna die" you can get. Everything below is way cheaper but always a compromise :)

Here are the links:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/buying-advice-needed-g920-vs-thrustmaster-tx.138630/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/buying-a-wheel.138787/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/best-beginner-setup-cheap-for-a-noob.138553/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/upgrade-to-dfgt-on-a-budget-long-ish-post-beware.137580/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/
You can use "the GAMMA setting" or the LUT. For the LUT scroll a bit down. I linked Post #12 in the big block "EDIT2:" :)

Quite complicated but worth it imho :inlove:
Hi bud, I tried the settings; however when using the LUT calculator originally it's important to not mess with the gain or you have to redo the whole process?

Using your settings with my gain already set @80%, rendered the gain using FFBClip app @200% ergo unusable.

I've reverted back to my own Wheel.lut and all seems well.

Thank you for the very informative post :)

Hi bud, I tried the settings; however when using the LUT calculator originally it's important to not mess with the gain or you have to redo the whole process?

Using your settings with my gain already set @80%, rendered the gain using FFBClip app @200% ergo unusable.

I've reverted back to my own Wheel.lut and all seems well.

Thank you for the very informative post :)
Hey man,
I honestly don't know what FFBClip does in detail. I PMed the Author but never got an answer...
In my opinion, since the LUT does NOT change the 100% value, you should NOT have clipping when the overall slider is at 100%. That would mean that Kunos default 100% would cause clipping and that can't be...

I created my LUT using the overall slider at 100%, profiler gain also at 100%. But you can lower the cars value on track of course to your liking. I have some cars at 120% and some at 80%. I modify the gain until the center-transition feels tight, but smooth :)

So my advice: put my LUT in, put the overall slider to 100%, put the cars FFB (the default app on track) to 100% and decide with your hands if it feels bad or not. FFBClip can help a lot, but can also produce some real nonsense...

important is that you have the value at 1.0 in the ff_post_process.ini. Otherwise the LUT values are multiplied with that value :)

Oh and one thing someone forgot and told me a week ago: put the min ffb slider to 0%!! :whistling:

The G29 is a good choice. It means fun without the constant fear of failiure like using a Thrustmaster.

The problem with Thrustmaster is its low quality, i once had one... 6 months and it was 3 times defect. First i lost after 3 weeks a paddle... back to store get a new one... 4 weeks later sudddenly the brake pedal fell through -the spring destroyed it`splastic support and blewed a big hole in the case... back to shop... 4 weeks waiting, got a new one, it worked for 5 weeks - suddenly total failiure - back to shop.. got a refund. Later bought a DFGT, which, after 5 years of hard works, runs perfectly like the first day.

Last week I was in a shop took a look to a t300 and what do i see? The same pedalbox... no thanks...
Thrustmaster runs smoothly and wonderful... but this won`t last for long.

so the G29 might be not so cool in FFB, but it is long term fun...

Last edited:
I happened to see a "new" DFGT wheel super cheap and picked it up so I can give wheels a try, I figure I can always sell it for what I paid for it or close to and go for something better if I get the urge, thanks for the info.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%